Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

1 edit

zed260 to treich

Premium Member

to treich

Re: It wont be complete google owned network.

said by treich:

Course it wont be complete google owned network at all they would have to be using like level 3 or somebody to get bandwidth transport to KC, MO and I like to see the live speeds soon as they get these customers hooked up for real and not some BS lie so they can get money from these customers.

google pays nothing for bandwith they are a tier 1 isp practicly with this launch

google pays nothing to connect to over half the net they have peering agreements with Comcast, time Warner cable, charter communications, cable vision, cox communications , rcn . and loads more they dont have to pay anything to transit those isps networks in fact rcn pays google for the rights to be able to direct connect to there nationwide network to bypass level 3
jvanbrecht
join:2007-01-08
Bowie, MD

jvanbrecht

That is incorrect..

Hop 7 of a trace to google.com
7 google-gw.customer.alter.net (152.179.50.62) 54.481 ms 49.640 ms 50.306 ms

UUNET (now Verizon) does not use $-gw.customer on peering routers, only customer routers, therefore google is paying as a customer, not a peer.
zed260
Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

2 edits

zed260

Premium Member

said by jvanbrecht:

That is incorrect..

Hop 7 of a trace to google.com
7 google-gw.customer.alter.net (152.179.50.62) 54.481 ms 49.640 ms 50.306 ms

UUNET (now Verizon) does not use $-gw.customer on peering routers, only customer routers, therefore google is paying as a customer, not a peer.

they dont have peering agreements with every isp thats true but with a large amount they do on a net basis google pays nothing

»www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/we ··· dex.html

6 percent of internet traffic in 2010 probably close to same amount with such a large portion of internet traffic any isp who can get free transit from google can cut there costs for providing internet by 6 percent instantly so isps will fight to some degree to provide google with the cheapest most attractive option for internet

»www.wired.com/business/2 ··· ndwidth/

once you get big enough isps will fight to have you go over there network because if you dont go over there network they have to pay others to get access to your site

heres a question for you if your isps blocked google.com youtube.com etc and lowered your bill 6 percent would you take the lower bill or switch isps id switch instantly losing google.com and its search engine would not be worth it to me or to a lot of people google and major isps know this
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q

Premium Member

said by zed260:

heres a question for you if your isps blocked google.com youtube.com etc and lowered your bill 6 percent would you take the lower bill or switch isps id switch instantly losing google.com and its search engine would not be worth it to me or to a lot of people google and major isps know this

I'd keep using my VPN and save the 6% lol.

Matt