Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sethf

join:2008-08-29
Danielsville, GA
reply to BlueArcher

Re: 24 Mbps package

BlueArcher, what upload speed will you be getting with this? I'd like to know what to expect in 20 years when Windstream finally buys the equipment to connect the fiber that has been run to my DSLAM.

BlueArcher
Premium
join:2003-03-11
Nashville, TN

said by sethf:

BlueArcher, what upload speed will you be getting with this? I'd like to know what to expect in 20 years when Windstream finally buys the equipment to connect the fiber that has been run to my DSLAM.

My understanding is that there are two options. If my line is close enough to the DSLAM to support it, option 1 is 24/4 VDSL2. If that is not possible due to line conditions or whatever other issues, it will be 24/2 bonded ADSL2+ pairs. Basically two 12/1 lines bonded together.
--
user formerly known as 'bsc'

sethf

join:2008-08-29
Danielsville, GA

Are they really running both VDSL and ADSL2+ out of the same cabinet? I figured they'd just decide whether your DSLAM/VRAD would be VDSL or ADSL2+ (based on distance/density/etc) and only offer that. Aaron?

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to sethf

Your lucky to have 24Mbps, All Windstream did was around here is just gobble up IowaTelecom and did nothing for speed enhancements (and in fact DOWNGRADED PEOPLE) I'm pretty sure my line could have supported 15Mb under Iowatelecom (I'm 5100 feet from the CO) but all they said I could get is 12Mb.
So I have Mediacom for a year of "next to nothing" Internet 12Mb and with speedboost see speeds of close to 13Mb down and 2Mb up something I can't get from Windstream