Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

The Truth6

join:2012-07-31
reply to jeffreydean1

Re: Ridiculous

said by jeffreydean1:

I think it's adorable how you jump like a little monkey into every talk of cable TV to defend your old fashioned archaic method of entertainment. It's 2012. Get over it, buddy.

I think its funny that peoples budgets are so stretched that saving $10 - $50 per month is a dealbreaker. Maybe they should have made better decisions with their finances BEFORE the economy crashed.

FLATLINE

join:2007-02-27
Buffalo, NY
Wtf are you talking about. I cut the cable and saved $75 a month. Besides for many of us its not about the money. I could afford to subscribe cable,satellite, and everything in between but just because my disposable income is healthy doesn't mean I need to get ripped off. Bottom line is and I've said this many times before there is no way in hell for a working person to get value out of a TV subscription. Not with this business model. But you go ahead and keep paying and as more and more cut your cable rates will soon double to cover those losses. I guess I might be angry and defensive if I was like you and addicted to crap too. Because your wallet is going to get raided and the content is just going to get worse.

ISurfTooMuch

join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL
reply to The Truth6
Well, I'm glad someone around here has money to burn.

I don't think that people are living as close to the edge as you imply. Well, some certainly are, but not all. I think it's more of a cost vs. value issue. Most folks aren't saying that they really wish they could pay their cable bills, but they can't; they're saying that they can't justify paying the bills for what they're getting. There's a huge difference there. It's the difference between not going to an expensive restaurant because it's too expensive vs. not going because it's overpriced for what you get.

vpoko
Premium
join:2003-07-03
Boston, MA
reply to The Truth6
said by The Truth6:

I think its funny that peoples budgets are so stretched that saving $10 - $50 per month is a dealbreaker. Maybe they should have made better decisions with their finances BEFORE the economy crashed.

Yeah, they should have scrapped cable years ago, but better late than never.

The Truth6

join:2012-07-31
reply to FLATLINE
said by FLATLINE:

Wtf are you talking about. I cut the cable and saved $75 a month. Besides for many of us its not about the money. I could afford to subscribe cable,satellite, and everything in between but just because my disposable income is healthy doesn't mean I need to get ripped off. Bottom line is and I've said this many times before there is no way in hell for a working person to get value out of a TV subscription. Not with this business model. But you go ahead and keep paying and as more and more cut your cable rates will soon double to cover those losses. I guess I might be angry and defensive if I was like you and addicted to crap too. Because your wallet is going to get raided and the content is just going to get worse.

Well genius, won't you write up a business plan so we can all read it and be wowed. The problem with you is you spend all this time tying yourself up to save $75 and then go out and try to piece it all back together with OTA, Netflix, Roku's .... to get back what you had to start out with. Yeah, you showed them! Sorry, my time each month is worth more than a few dollars per week trying to prove an idiotic point. If you were getting "ripped off" so bad, tell me what's a fair price to pay for everything? You must have a magic number thats makes the whole world at ease? No you don't, you just like to point fingers and claim being the victim.

Telco

join:2008-12-19

1 edit
Actually, what he is doing is watching the shows he wants to watch. Personally, I just use Netflix and apple TV and am able to purchase the shows I want to watch.

It's not about the cash, it's about not be forced to subsidize the rubbish on cable. I cannot justify paying more than $20 for the crap on our cable services.

Moreover, I despise the fact that these monopolistic cable companies are doing everything they can to hamper competition, particularly IPTV and a la carte services.

Only a complete tool would cheer funding an industry that is ranked dead last for customer service. Who else but a monopoly is able to get away with billing me incorrectly for 5 months for example.