uniqs

Ripper
Premium Member
join:2002-02-07
Lake Worth, FL

Ripper to lilstone87

Premium Member

to lilstone87

Re: [Connectivity] Zoom 5341j firmware upgrade.

I have tried the reset button a number of times,but US light still blinks.
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by Ripper:

Hmm that's a little odd, usually blinking light means its not properly locked onto.

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

jaynick to Ripper

Premium Member

to Ripper
said by Ripper:

I had the best luck using the on-off button in the back, sometimes twice to correct that.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

1 edit

EG to Ripper

Premium Member

to Ripper
said by Ripper:

Are you holding it in until the front panel indicator lights begin to cycle ? Too short of a press makes it like a powercycle operation rather than a factory reset.

Ripper
Premium Member
Lake Worth, FL

Ripper

Premium Member

I held it down for up to a minute,with same results.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

4 edits

RR Conductor to Ripper

Premium Member

to Ripper
said by Ripper:

Mine's been doing that on and off for a couple of months now, it doesn't affect anything though, so I don't worry too much about it. I haven't received any firmware updates on mine here either, mine is still on 5.5.4.4J .

Edit-Update, I powered it off and back on again, and now have the new software-

Software Version 5.5.4.9J

Wed Aug 08 22:53:38 2012 Notice (6) SW download Successful - Via Config file
Wed Aug 08 22:50:36 2012 Notice (6) SW Download INIT - Via Config file d11_m_5341j_speedtierextreme

Ripper
Premium Member
Lake Worth, FL

Ripper

Premium Member

So it started blinking when you got bonded upstream channels? Mine started blinking when I got multi upstream channels,but my connection is fine,and upload speed is a little faster.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA

RR Conductor

Premium Member

RR Conductor

RR Conductor to Ripper

Premium Member

to Ripper
Click for full size
No, after it sometime, I can't remember exactly when. I have two bonded upstream channels, and 8 bonded downstream channels.
Mattftlaud3
Premium Member
join:2012-02-07
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Mattftlaud3

Premium Member

Before the firmware upgrade i had downstream signal levels around 1-3 dbmv but ever since the upgrade my 192.168.100.1 modem page shows downstream signal levels now up to 5-6dbmv. Can firmware be off when it comes to detecting the exact signals or maybe the old or new firmware is off?

I moved into this new apartment a few months ago and my downstream power levels were always at 1-3dbmv until this firmware upgrade on my zoom modem. Downstream SNR is around 41-42 (same as before upgrade) and upstream power levels are 39-40 (again, same as before upgrade).
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

Always remember modem's only try to judge signal levels. So there not exactly accurate, and it's possible with the firmware update, it judges signal levels a little different. Still being at 5-6db on the power level is ok, and really nothing to worry about atm. Still you don't want that to keep rising though. Also I have seen where the modem reboots, and once it locked back online power level's being a little different.

Ripper
Premium Member
Lake Worth, FL

Ripper to EG

Premium Member

to EG
Click for full size
Just as a update,last night we went from 4 to 8 downstream and still with 2 up. I did a button reset,and I now have 2 solid blue lights.