xocsucram

join:2008-10-02

4 edits
reply to fnnews

Re: Will you switch to Google Fiber?

"$120/mo + taxes and fees"

lol thats what i pay for FIOS, its 130 and after taxes and fees its $200

"rally your neighbors"

no thanks, i dont even talk to my neighbors, and perhaps if i lived in bumcrap middle america where theres only dialup, Google swooping in would matter.

i live in Florida, if their business model isnt geared toward one of the most popular/growing states then im not worried about it.

i lived in NJ all my life and FIOS was held out by Crapvision and was no where close to laying out wire, if Google even makes it into Florida between FIOS and Comcast and Brighthouse in 20 years, then well talk.

if i move out into the middle of know where, where its either slow Sattelite internet or some mom n pop DSL or horrible cable and Fios didnt already roll its services out, then ill get Google.

EDIT- just checked the channel lineup, no ESPN at all, no thanks, which means no ESPN3 access either. and i dont care if its one of their "additional channels", i pay 130 and get that plus the NFL Network which they have in their ad at the top of the page like its a major selling point that no other service provider has or perhaps trying to fool you into thinking you'll actually be able to watch NFL which is on CBS/FOX/NBC/ESPN none of which are listed but u can see the 1-2 games on the NFLN each year. assuming the Rams or Chiefs aren't playing cause then it would be blacked out in Kansas/MO and they would have to watch it on local network which they dont have access to either.

Jay_Are
J.R.
Premium
join:2004-04-10
Sicklerville, NJ

said by xocsucram:

Really? Your getting gigabits speed for $130 with FIOS? I would take 1Gbps speed over ESPN any day.
--
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
·ooma
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS

said by Jay_Are:

said by xocsucram:

Really? Your getting gigabits speed for $130 with FIOS? I would take 1Gbps speed over ESPN any day.

Same here

xocsucram

join:2008-10-02

1 edit
reply to Jay_Are

said by Jay_Are:

said by xocsucram:

1gbps in bumsville Kansas

let me know what their provisions are when they arent servicing 1 small section of 1 state in the entire country, and then lets see how the price doesnt increase while giving lower initial speeds and less content than obviously Verizon an others already provide with more than enough bandwidth.

the developed sections of the world watch NFL and other sports, havent seen much farming coverage that brings in 20 million viewers each week

the highest throughput for HD MLB.tv games isnt even over 1MB/s and thats at the highest peak, most of the time the data is mere few hundred KB/s and thats on a 50MB connection and the 2-3 highest feeds on MLB.tv have zero noticeable compression artefacts, with the advancements of compression theres no reason to need 1GB, thats like owning a Ferrari, its manual says it can go 200mph but you dont live in Germany and drive on the Autobahn, so its pointless and not worth more than any other car that can go 60mhp consistently.

youtube videos will still buffer during peak times cause your throughput has nothing to do with 99% of media sites not equipped to service that amount of data at this time anyways which goes for uploading too, you can send it but most likely most sites would bottleneck and take just as long to upload the file as it does now with 50mb upload

jtavarez

join:2011-10-27
Plainfield, NJ

haha another "too much bandwidth that nobody can use" post-considering the price of 70 bucks for symmetrical 1 gps it is a bargain over anything fios can offer at this time

Anon69

@myvzw.com

Yeah, and people said / still say the same things about FiOS being "too fast".

Since the majority of the people can't get it of course they have to say it is "too fast" and "not a good deal without the NFL network OMG OMG".

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to xocsucram

I need even more upload speed. I hit my limit when I was on the 35/35 tier and now that I'm on the 150/65 tier I still hit my upload limit of 70Mb/s I'm when uploading to my cloud drives. I wish they had even faster upload speed. I really don't need download speeds that fast. But I have maxed out the download at 155Mb/s a few times already when downloading concurrent updates for Windows and other software.

The extra speed is nice since I don't have to wait as long when I'm downloading a lot of updates.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:23

Ask 'em to build your profile backwards! It's happened before when 155/75 first came out where 155 was the UPLOAD. Doubt you'll get very far though :P

serge87

join:2009-11-29
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Smith6612:

Ask 'em to build your profile backwards! It's happened before when 155/75 first came out where 155 was the UPLOAD. Doubt you'll get very far though :P

That happened to me except my speed was 155 down and 180 upload :P It's a shame I don't really use more than 10-20mbps on the upload side of my connection because it sure would've been useful.