Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

2 edits

08034016 (banned) to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman

Re: [DIRECTV] Thinking of cutting the cord in the next 2 weeks

said by davidhoffman:

I never got the cord. I have been OTA for 26 years. I might sign up for that Google Fiber+TV if it ever shows up in Warner Robins, Georgia. Some serious competition might get Cox of Georgia to operate their customer service well enough that I would even consider them for video. OTA is very limited, but the constant re-transmission disputes lead only to higher bills on cable. Not worth it in my view.

We will never get that service in this Area dream on and am serious.. OTA Digital you get alot of Channels Atlanta is one of them WSB2.

I can get this which is near the Ala border WRBL-DT 3.1 CBS

»www.antennaweb.org/Default.aspx
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Yes, I used to get some far away channels at night due to atmospheric bounce in the analog days. It rarely happens now in the digital era. I am limited to indoor antenna due to apartment restrictions. I went to TVFool and found that even if the landlord agreed to put up antennas on the roof 40 ft above ground level, we would not get any more stations consistently due to the low area we are in . Most of the area is surrounded by rising terrain with tall trees and buildings.
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

said by davidhoffman:

Yes, I used to get some far away channels at night due to atmospheric bounce in the analog days. It rarely happens now in the digital era. I am limited to indoor antenna due to apartment restrictions. I went to TVFool and found that even if the landlord agreed to put up antennas on the roof 40 ft above ground level, we would not get any more stations consistently due to the low area we are in . Most of the area is surrounded by rising terrain with tall trees and buildings.

Could be worse and you live in Macon with high rises which Warner robins doesn't have.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I wonder if some of those high rise buildings could support TV broadcast antennas. But even then that does not help everyone. I used to live in Chicago and even after the John Hancock and Sears Tower skyscrapers were built with TV broadcast antennas on top, some people had bad reception in the City of Chicago. That was one of the reasons the city council sped up approval of the cable TV franchise system, people could not get good reception. There had been talk of building an antenna only tower on the lakefront. I think they scrapped the project when it was shown that even a tower a half a mile high would only have marginal benefit. Too much building interference and multi-path distortion exists.