Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to bluepoint

Premium Member

to bluepoint

Re: any nfl network update?

"Its just a point of view from TWC scaring subscribers with huge increases if they include NFL. Truth of the fact is, even if TWC include NFL in their lineup, subscribers has already been paying for it. With huge subscription fees increases from last and this year NFL could have been paid for. Since it's business, TWC wants more, give us a break."

I think the increases in retransmission agreements has been well documented in the press. If the NFL means that much to you then as a consumer you have a choice. I guess I can only say, Take it.

Hob

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

said by hobgoblin:

I think the increases in retransmission agreements has been well documented in the press. If the NFL means that much to you then as a consumer you have a choice. I guess I can only say, Take it.

Hob

Yes, the increase in retransmission agreement has been well documented and the agreed price is a secret. Why do you think so? Because they are smart enough to not let us know how much profit they addup ontop of what is agreed for.
As a consumer, if I only have a choice, I would have been gone as fast as I can.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"Yes, the increase in retransmission agreement has been well documented and the agreed price is a secret. Why do you think so? Because they are smart enough to not let us know how much profit they addup ontop of what is agreed for."

How much do McDonald's pay for Burgers or Potatoes?
How much does your local Ford dealer pay for a Ford Focus?
How about JCP and the T shirt I bought, how much profit on top of that.
looking forward to your answers.

Hob

bluepoint

bluepoint

You choose to compare TWC with Mcdonalds and other retail stores. It's apples and oranges. They(retailers) do not shut off their stores when the ingredients goes up and when they do increase the prices, it's reasonable.
TWC chooses packages that will give them the most profit. Its never been what subscribers like. Everytime there is retrans renewal or new channels(NFL), TWC blames the provider of overpricing their offerings. It's fine to negotiate and agree at a reasonable price and be passed to subscribers..Problem is we have not seen popular channels like the NFL and the subscription increases keeps on coming. Do you see the picture?

jacko15
@rr.com

jacko15

Anon

Can you say "MONOPOLY"?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to bluepoint

Premium Member

to bluepoint
"Do you see the picture?"

No i don't.

Thanks.

Hob

bluepoint

bluepoint

said by hobgoblin:

"Do you see the picture?"

No i don't.

Thanks.

Hob

Of course, you don't. However, subscribers knows, JuicyJ hit it right on target.
" It is clearly just an excuse they are creating to hide their greed because every other major television provider in the nation has NFL Network available to consumers."

TWC you are running out of credible reasons, everybody else has agreed with NFL.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"Of course, you don't. However, subscribers knows, JuicyJ hit it right on target.
" It is clearly just an excuse they are creating to hide their greed because every other major television provider in the nation has NFL Network available to consumers.""

Actually it makes no sense. Would not a greedy person add the channel and a percentage profit and then charge their subscribers more?

Hob

JuicyJ
@insightbb.com

JuicyJ

Anon

They are only willing to offer the station as a sports package or a pay per view package and not willing to offer it in a normal package like I had with Insight cable before this piece of sh1t TWC bought them out. I have no other cable options and I can't get Direct TV without spending a fortune to chop down a tree. It is clearly greed because the NFL even offered to give TWC the same rate they had with Insight and at a 0% rate increase. How can you defend a cable company that is the only one of all the major cable companies that does not offer NFL network?

bluepoint

bluepoint to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

"Of course, you don't. However, subscribers knows, JuicyJ hit it right on target.
" It is clearly just an excuse they are creating to hide their greed because every other major television provider in the nation has NFL Network available to consumers.""

Actually it makes no sense. Would not a greedy person add the channel and a percentage profit and then charge their subscribers more?

Hob

Why would you add the channel if subscribers are already overpaying and on top of that what TWC wants is put NFL on pay per view. Looks clever not.
Negotiate with NFL in good faith for your subscribers, that's all we ask.