share rss forum feed

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to Eagles LoveR

Re: [Other] 5 Greatest Athletes of ALL time?

I'll just add in one you've missed totally: Jim Thorpe. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
Whoops! I forgot. Thanks you for adding him into the discussion.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
I think Tiger still deserves honorable mention though he has to return to glory to make the list.

IF he gets the most majors of all time than no doubt hes 4/5.

Phelps fits hes just been demoralizing for any athlete he swam against.

Jordan is my number 1.
6 Finals MVPs and 6 Titles.
He was capeable of crushing everyone by himself at any point. Sick distraught. It didn't matter he could play through it and did.
Amazing.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ
Yeah, I knew Tiger would be mentioned - just not a huge golfing fan(I know the skill it takes just not a fan at all)

Jordan would be my #1 but looking at Bo within 2 sports and MJ in 2 sports. Bo never dominated any sport like MJ dominated Basketball, clearly. But MJ was pathetic in baseball. Bo Jackson was an all-star in 2 sports. thats just plain amazing. I can go either way. Jordan is still my idol
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
I think MJs issue with baseball was not that he was a bad baseball player it was that he dedicated his life to basketball in his later years of HIGHSCHOOL. Baseball was never the sport he spent his life training for and perfecting.

Had at that point in HIGHSCHOOL MJ said I want to play baseball for the rest of my life he probably would have had great success.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ
Not denying that. If he dedicated himself to any sport I'm pretty certain he would be an all-star, maybe not what he did with the Bulls but he would be excellent. BUT, he didn't and he stunk. Bo Jackson was GREAT in both sports. But as I said either way IMO those are 1 and 2. Honestly, I'm not sold as Bo Jackson as my first - ask this question another day they might be swapped.

MJ was special. I still miss the 90s soley due to watching MJ grow up with my little bulls hat sitting down in front of the TV watching MJ doing something special night in and night out.
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

1 recommendation

Totaly my childhood as well. I only got to stay up late if MJ was BBallin lol.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ
exactly lol

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to tmpchaos
My favorite

Gremeaunk49

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON
reply to tmpchaos
I must say he was the genious and the greatest Athlete of the Twentieth Century.

Gremeaunk49

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON
reply to tmpchaos
said by tmpchaos:

I'll just add in one you've missed totally: Jim Thorpe. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe

I must say he was the genious and the greatest Athlete of the Twentieth Century.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Let all add Cabrara to this list.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
said by f0rtys3ven:

Let all add Cabrara to this list.

Baseball Players are athletes? Gifted and skillful.... yes. But they would rank above golfers. Look at John Daly.