share rss forum feed

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to DrStrange

Re: Revolution (NBC, Sept 17)

Yeah, I just assumed some massive Electro Magnetic pulse but they would really have to change the laws of physics and act as if chemistry didn’t exist to do away with things like guns, batteries, combustion engines and so on,……even simple circuits should still works. I mean what is an EM pulse going to do to some copper wire or a tungsten filament,….?

But when it comes down to it, sometimes you have to just suspend disbelief in order to enjoy the hot chick with the bow and arrow,…..

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
said by Octavean:

sometimes you have to just suspend disbelief in order to enjoy the hot chick with the bow and arrow,…..

Or a hot guy with a sword. Ahem.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Octavean
Bet you aliens are responsible and they are just disabling our more complex technology in preparation of an invasion, and to kill any and all chances of opposition. Sheesh... if so, then it's Falling Skies all over again...
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

said by Octavean:

sometimes you have to just suspend disbelief in order to enjoy the hot chick with the bow and arrow,…..

Or a hot guy with a sword. Ahem.

"Phrasing!!!",....

Still, turnabout is fair play,…

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander,…. and all that,..

So touche’,…

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 recommendation

reply to Octavean
said by Octavean:

But when it comes down to it, sometimes you have to just suspend disbelief in order to enjoy the hot chick with the bow and arrow,…..

She has become exponentially annoying.

Just sayin'...

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
said by capecoddah:

said by Octavean:

Just sayin'...

While I don’t totally disagree with your assessment. I’m not sure about the math here. For example ones point of view with respect to this subject could depend where you are on the graph. I suspect there is an inflection point further ahead at which point the annoying to hotness dynamic does indeed increase exponentially with hotness effectively being an asymptote. In other words hotness undergoes no significant change for a very large increase in annoyance.

However, some can ignore the annoying factor in favor of hotness because to some its something of an art form,…..

This also applies to bat $#!t crazy vs. hotness,…..

And a whole host of others such as bad spending habits vs. hotness, massive debt vs. hotness, annoying voice vs. hotness, bad temper vs. hotness, paranoia vs. hotness and so on,….

But you know,…

Just saying,…

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
said by Octavean:

said by capecoddah:

said by Octavean:

Just sayin'...

While I don’t totally disagree with your assessment. I’m not sure about the math here. For example ones point of view with respect to this subject could depend where you are on the graph. I suspect there is an inflection point further ahead at which point the annoying to hotness dynamic does indeed increase exponentially with hotness effectively being an asymptote. In other words hotness undergoes no significant change for a very large increase in annoyance.

However, some can ignore the annoying factor in favor of hotness because to some its something of an art form,…..

This also applies to bat $#!t crazy vs. hotness,…..

And a whole host of others such as bad spending habits vs. hotness, massive debt vs. hotness, annoying voice vs. hotness, bad temper vs. hotness, paranoia vs. hotness and so on,….

But you know,…

Just saying,…

Teen angst.
"Twisted her ankle" every episode.
Star Trek would give her a red shirt and make her go away.
Don't ___________________in crazy.