obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

[Galaxy III] voicemail time is off by an hour

I have a new galaxy s3. I'm using the voicemail access number to access my vm instead of using visual voicemail. Anyway anytime someone leaves a voicemail and I go into retrieve it the time stamp is always one hour ahead. Anyway to fix this? This doesn't sound like a galaxy issue but an AT&T one.

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5

Re: [AT&T] voicemail time is off by an hour

It sounds like a time zone issue to me. Is the phone set to EST/EDT or is it set to automatically pull time zone? How about a time zone setting in the voicemail system? I've personally never had to set time zone in the voicemail but I have had funky time things happen to both me and my GF when we go to her mom's house in West Point, GA (it's very close to the eastern/central change).

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I have checked the phone settings and it is set to provide date and time according to the network. I did manually set it and then tried calling but didn't do anything. I have gone into the voicemail settings and there is no setting to change time or time zone. I may try calling AT&T to see what they have to say.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to obeythelaw

Have you tried to see what visual voicemail does for time, since they just sync between each other. By the way, never thought I would care about visual voicemail but now I dont think I could live without it. No more dialing in, PIN numbers, etc etc.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts