coldmoon
Premium
join:2002-02-04
Broadway, NC
Reviews:
·Windstream

1 recommendation

reply to SipSizzurp

Re: Your G-Mail content is going public.

said by SipSizzurp:

»news.yahoo.com/google-peoples-gm···nce.html

quote:
Google's Internet search engine is getting more personal by highlighting information drawn from its users' Gmail accounts on its main results page.
»www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story···877720/1
quote:
Google is initially testing the feature with just 1 million Gmail users who request access to a "field trial."
Opt -in for the trial period.

How is getting results from your own e-mail if you are logged into your G-Mail account public? Your thread title and the Yahoo! news article make it seem as though everyone would see your e-mail in their searches which isn't true...
--
Returnil - 21st Century body armor for your PC

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
said by coldmoon:

said by SipSizzurp:

»news.yahoo.com/google-peoples-gm···nce.html

quote:
Google's Internet search engine is getting more personal by highlighting information drawn from its users' Gmail accounts on its main results page.
»www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story···877720/1
quote:
Google is initially testing the feature with just 1 million Gmail users who request access to a "field trial."
Opt -in for the trial period.

How is getting results from your own e-mail if you are logged into your G-Mail account public? Your thread title and the Yahoo! news article make it seem as though everyone would see your e-mail in their searches which isn't true...

But the thread title is way more fun. Bash Google.

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4
reply to coldmoon
said by coldmoon:

How is getting results from your own e-mail if you are logged into your G-Mail account public?

Bolded OP for clarity. Do you think I read it wrong ?
--
Breaker One Nine.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I think you might have done. I don't see that 'me seeing my emails on the main google results page' implies 'me seeing your emails on the main google results page'. (Assuming both of us actually had gmail accounts).

After all, it's not as if 'the main results page' actually identifies a single page of results that every google user sees.

wapu
Broadband Ranger
Premium
join:2001-09-05
Boca Raton, FL
reply to SipSizzurp
said by SipSizzurp:

said by coldmoon:

How is getting results from your own e-mail if you are logged into your G-Mail account public?

Bolded OP for clarity. Do you think I read it wrong ?

Yes. Yes you did. You read it wrong and then jumped over here to show us all how evil Google is. Evil google will let me search through my own personal gmail from google.com. Evil google making my life easier.
--
--

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4
said by wapu:

...Yes. Yes you did. You read it wrong and then jumped over here to show us all how evil Google is.

When I saw "Main results Page" I assumed it to be the public one. I had numerous free e-mail accounts when G-mail came out and have never needed to sign up for any Google services so I didn't make the connection. Sorry.
--
Breaker One Nine.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to wapu
said by wapu:

Evil google making my life easier.

Man, Google is one crappy super villain. Next I'll get a free comfy chair with their logo on it, those bastards!