uniqs
share rss forum feed

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

2 edits
reply to wdh280

Re: [TWC] Aaris TG852G question.

said by wdh280:

So just seen from another thread that this modem has alot of security holes. Should i call Twc ask for a new modem or are they going to fix the security holes or can they? Here the article on the security holes.
»www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenbe···ecurity/

I have always worry when my network is managed by someone else, these things will happen. With TWC taking responsibility of managing these routers, they can be liable for lawsuit damages, I hope they realize that. If you want to secure your own network while the issue has not been fixed or to have control of your own network, ask TWC to set your modem in bridge mode then put your own wireless router which effectively closes the vulnerabilities and have control of your own destiny.

Added: BTW, if you do the bridging the modem and turning off the wireless, make sure you ask TWC to remove the monthly wireless charges from your account if it applies.

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:13
said by bluepoint:

With TWC taking responsibility of managing these routers, they can be liable for lawsuit damages, I hope they realize that.

Actually, the ToS you agree to by using their service says they cannot. You also cannot sue them and must use their binding arbitration instead unless you opted out within 30 days of installing the service.

/M

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24
said by mackey:

said by bluepoint:

With TWC taking responsibility of managing these routers, they can be liable for lawsuit damages, I hope they realize that.

Actually, the ToS you agree to by using their service says they cannot. You also cannot sue them and must use their binding arbitration instead unless you opted out within 30 days of installing the service.

/M

It's subject to court interpretation. The TOS doesnot give them authority to not care and secure those routers when they assume responsibility of managing those defective routers, specially if the holes are known to the public.