Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:27
reply to bmarineau

Re: VPN PPTP

said by bmarineau:

Dan,

Sorry to ask again, but you're the only one at WOW who replies. Any time frame? I feel I'm getting the run around from customer service.

Thanks.

I don't have any time frame right now. We discovered an issue with the software update that has required us to delay rolling out the update.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
Network Operations Center

nboti

join:2012-08-27

As someone working with a colleague on why he can't get to our corporate VPN and stumbling upon this thread, I have to say I'll do my best to dissuade coworkers from getting WOW in the future.

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL

It's not all of WOW, it's just the UltraTV service. If you don't use UltraTV then you should have no problem.

fn

@comcastbusiness.net
reply to WOW_Dan

Hi Dan,
I live in Park Ridge and just switched from Comcast last week to Ultra. And...VPN is gone. Any update on the firmware release for this issue? This is critical for me and I will have to drop WOW unless they fix it right away.
Thanks,
Frank

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL

I'm also in Park Ridge! Do you have the arris gateway w/ Ultra TV? Or did you rent/buy your own modem?

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to fn

said by fn :

Hi Dan,
I live in Park Ridge and just switched from Comcast last week to Ultra. And...VPN is gone. Any update on the firmware release for this issue? This is critical for me and I will have to drop WOW unless they fix it right away.
Thanks,
Frank

Please send me a private message and include your account number or phone number.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
Network Operations Center

DMM

@wideopenwest.com

Dan,

Do you anticipate a fix for this VPN issue in the near future. I have been waiting a couple of months, as I really like Ultra TV, but have been forced to use my wifi card to VPN in to work. I thougt this would be resolved by now based on your past post in July. I need to make a decision regarding a change if you do not see something coming soon.

Thanks for your help.

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL

We're hoping to have this out within a month or so. The software version we were testing previously could not be rolled out due to larger issues it had. We've gotten an updated version of the software just this week, and have only begun testing it. If all goes well, hopefully we can push this out in October, but that's not a guarantee.