All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
gws5
join:2012-08-11

gws5 to Chris 313

to Chris 313

Re: FiOS GigE Wireless "N" Router $79.99

I just had an Actiontec router replaced (a rev A with a rev F) which had severe NAT table issues (at least that is what I inferred from net surfing). If I were to purchase a rev G myself, would Verizon have to do something on their end to have it recognized?

Thanks.
jtavarez
join:2011-10-27
Plainfield, NJ

jtavarez

said by gws5:

I just had an Actiontec router replaced (a rev A with a rev F) which had severe NAT table issues (at least that is what I inferred from net surfing). If I were to purchase a rev G myself, would Verizon have to do something on their end to have it recognized?

Thanks.

As long as you release your DHCP lease prior to swapping routers the rest is automatic with the new router getting its IP-btw i think verizon will only sell you a rev I which is inferior to the rev g

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to gws5

MVM

to gws5
said by gws5:

would Verizon have to do something on their end to have it recognized?

No.

Just be sure to release your DHCP lease and IMMEDIATELY power off the old router before swapping it out.
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »How do I release my DHCP lease? Why would I need to?
gws5
join:2012-08-11

gws5 to jtavarez

to jtavarez
Thanks. Would this unit be rev G or rev I:

»teleproducts.verizon.com ··· yDetails
jtavarez
join:2011-10-27
Plainfield, NJ

jtavarez

said by gws5:

Thanks. Would this unit be rev G or rev I:

»teleproducts.verizon.com ··· yDetails

it is a rev I which has a smaller NAT table then the rev G but should suffice for most of what the internet has to offer-as faqr as i know verizon doesnt sell the more powerful rev G