said by compudj:
I got the update to firmware 126.96.36.199R8-wh somewhere before August 1st,
and it's been stable since then (currently August 13th).
Does anyone know if this firmware was rolled out strictly for people suffering this issue on specific slams? I'm assuming they are not planning on rolling this out to others as well, to keep all the Cellpipe users on a common firmware, but I don't know.
said by HiVolt:
I've used several of the cellpipe firmware at my place, 188.8.131.52EF-STINGER, 184.108.40.206EF-ISAM, 220.127.116.11R3WH (the rebooting one), and now the 18.104.22.168R8-wh.
I've never lost sync on any of them that I've noticed.
I've been on 22.214.171.124EF-STINGER for years in the same house (originally on Bell Fibe). When I first got it it was losing sync very frequently - several times a week, and sometimes a few times a day. It turned out it didn't like my internal CAT5e wiring for some reason. (The wiring worked perfectly for Gigabit Ethernet, at full Gigabit speeds.)
So I moved the modem down right next to the internal demarcation point (or whatever it's called), which is connected to the outside NID (or whatever it's called) to the inside demarcation point via this thick flat cable. I think it's CAT3 with a thicker sheath, but I'm not sure. It's hard to see in this picture
but it's the one on the right. I wonder if the wire gauge is thicker than conventional CAT3 though.
With this latter setup, the Cellpipe worked much better. The line seemed stable. However, if I check the logs, there are still occasional sync losses, but they're infrequent enough that I don't usually notice them. (eg. They might be at 4 am, or while I'm at work or something.)--