how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OldSatUser

join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH
reply to micwa

Re: Exede: Late night free zone - A reality!

I just ignore his posts as nothing is usually added of value to the discussion.

This could definitely be a postive step for Viasat. But is it true? No official announcement has been made about this and Viasat moderators have been strangely quiet!

BasilAR
WildBlue

join:2006-07-20
Parks, AR

Someone on Exede can try it out tonight and report back.
--
WildBlue - Beam 35 - value

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10
reply to OldSatUser

It is posted on Wildblue's Knowledge Base and on Exede's Internet site which elevates it well above roomer.

Exede Late Night Free Zone

quote:
100% FREE data usage from 12 midnight – 5 a.m. every night (per your local time zone).

Both DOWNLOAD and UPLOAD usage are free.

Speeds restored each night. If you have already used up your Data Allowance for the month, you can still use the Late Night Free Zone at the normal speed.
There is a caveat for customers who acquired service through NRTC and Dish Network:

quote:
Q: I purchased Exede through DISH or my local telephone company (NRTC). Do I get Late Night Free Zone?

A: If you receive your monthly bill from ViaSat (provider of Exede), you get this feature. If you receive your monthly invoice from another provider, please contact them directly to determine if this feature is currently available.

micwa

join:2009-01-13
Seminary, MS

Dish told one user on WB World to "check back in a couple of days".

micwa

join:2009-01-13
Seminary, MS

Oh and the Data Allowance Policy enforcement has begun today.

OldSatUser

join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH
reply to Spice300

Three moderators on the Viasat board and not one can confirm or deny it though? Nothing announced on their Facebook page. No "official" announcement from Viasat either.

Very strange on how this is coming down. I would think a change in data monitoring this significant would be communicated to every customer.