spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stinkyboots

@wildblue.net
reply to micwa

Re: Exede: Late night free zone - A reality!

Cautiously optimistic, although the speed is poor on Exede in this area, it's better than it was, more consistent.

Waiting for the announcement, if it's Exede12 only, etc., doesn't look that way from the documents. Also, if it's only temporary. I guess I am still stung from when Wildblue started, who's to say they won't double the latency again and lower the caps.

mwkessler
Wildblue

join:2003-10-24
Harrington, DE
Several people on this forum and Exede led me to believe I was the only person in the country that was having speed issues. I get on average 4mbs down and 756 to 1024 up...
--
Wildblue Exede 12/5 15gb cap. The worst ISP on the face of earth. I also have a account with Millenicom, to back up my unreliable Wildblue connection.

stinkyboots

@wildblue.net
said by mwkessler:

Several people on this forum and Exede led me to believe I was the only person in the country that was having speed issues. I get on average 4mbs down and 756 to 1024 up...

It was very inconsistent for some time, one neighbor had it removed after a couple months. The last couple years I was saying wait for this, a few upgraded without talking to me. I got my rear end chewed by a few people, of course they could have spoken to me again before they ordered. Download speeds, test sites, large file downloads from fast sites, were less than two meg, sporadic, but not more than that, it would go up and down. They wanted to watch the online cattle auctions, didn't work, very jerky, cutting out. It worked on old Wildblue. A few different installs by a couple different installers, the problem was not on this end, unless they were doing the same thing wrong. All numbers/signal were good and I checked the dishes, etc., everything looked good to me. Last time I checked a couple weeks ago it a hair over 2 meg sometimes, sometimes rarely a hair over 3. Page to page browsing, I was still not impressed, and neither were the people that had it, but it was functioning. I'm recalling the way it was when Wildblue was new, and that's about what it looks like (in other words, I wish they would just turn "my" latency back to 6 years ago). Maybe if the caps are turned on it will improve.

Still waiting on old Wildblue. Verizon put in a tower so I can get 1 bar of 3G in the house, so Millenicom is now an option (I don't care about super speed). Few will be on that tower, plus the line running to it is owned by the phone company in the village, and they are upgrading it. Of course they are using the resources they were going to use to upgrade us to DSL out here, so of course that is delayed for years, maybe canceled (according to them). Low pings are good, 20 Gig cap is good enough, but being able to download updates to Linux, movies, etc. without caps is also nice. Hughesnet will probably be similar in their upgrade here, if they do it, since the new satellite doesn't cover here either of course.