uniqs

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: Can YOU Crack The Gauss Uber-Virus Encryption?

You should know by now sijaline is pro ESET. Any time there is a new big nasty, it is all ESET. We get called fanboyz for being one-eyed and narrow minded it doesn't help the users out there looking for info......you will have to just get used to the new ESET clan, better late than never, as it was a lot better program once; but then we say that about a lot of A/V's over time.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

I am an ESET user and do ESET support at Wilders as many know, norwegian See Profile. That's not to say ESET is the end-all of A/V's.
Simply because ESET detects Gauss while others don't or I am not aware of does not qualify me as an ESET fanboy

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

exactly..you like what you got and a happy with it. But many others detected and cleaned Gauss even before it was a glint in ESET eye..that is a fact.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

Perfectly happy with what I have for an A/V

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game to norwegian

Premium Member

to norwegian
said by norwegian:

You should know by now sijaline is pro ESET. Any time there is a new big nasty, it is all ESET. We get called fanboyz for being one-eyed and narrow minded it doesn't help the users out there looking for info......you will have to just get used to the new ESET clan, better late than never, as it was a lot better program once; but then we say that about a lot of A/V's over time.

Yes..well I have been a member of Wilder's since September 21st, 2002 under a different handle...as Security Expert..and I think it is a great forum..nice people..fair minded with the content..there is no fanboyz stuff that I see..forums are there for a purpose..laid out very well..and everyone is always helpful and courteous.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to siljaline

Premium Member

to siljaline
said by siljaline:

I am an ESET user and do ESET support at Wilders as many know, norwegian See Profile. That's not to say ESET is the end-all of A/V's.
Simply because ESET detects Gauss while others don't or I am not aware of does not qualify me as an ESET fanboy

I know, you just have to be careful when gluing yourself to a product you don't get caught out thinking everything is fine.

There has plenty in the past called astrosurfers, fanboys etc, plugging products beyond just helping people.

Suggesting ESET is doing the job, NameGame has pointed items out to you just so you are aware, and Snowy has a good way of expressing what can or cannot happen. I don't think any of the A/V's yet fully understand this malware yet, so to suggest you are protected is still a little pre-mature.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

I don't believe I stated anywhere that by using ESET you would be a happy camper and good to go.

Where you're digging the innuendo about Fanboy, product plug, etc, it's not via anything I said.

If you have an ESET issue, it's showing

ESET does detect Gauss, should I mail the CEO and reprimand him that they should remove the detection ?

I have some trouble following what Name Game See Profile says, the comments contain content that I have to read a few times to determine if they are an actual statement or a poke.

Snowy See Profile's comments a valued, balanced and welcome.

Nuff Said as far as I'm concerned. Geddit