Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to siljaline

Premium Member

to siljaline

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.271

said by siljaline:

This must be done for every installed Browser on your machine.

Don't be silly..Google Chrome does not need that update. Adobe Flash Player is directly integrated with Google Chrome and enabled by default. Available updates for Adobe Flash Player are automatically included in Chrome system updates.

If you want to use Adobe Flash Player in other browsers, you’ll need to separately download the Adobe Flash Player for those browsers.

»support.google.com/chrom ··· r=108086

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

said by siljaline:

This must be done for every installed Browser on your machine.

Don't be silly..Google Chrome does not need that update. Adobe Flash Player is directly integrated with Google Chrome and enabled by default. Available updates for Adobe Flash Player are automatically included in Chrome system updates.

If you want to use Adobe Flash Player in other browsers, you’ll need to separately download the Adobe Flash Player for those browsers.

»support.google.com/chrom ··· r=108086

I'm using the latest version of Chrome 21.0.1180.79 m and when I go to: »www.adobe.com/software/f ··· h/about/

For Chrome it says the latest version available is 11.3.300.265. However, it says the version I'm using is 11,3,31,227. WTF is up with that?

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Google chrome reworks it..and gives it their own number.

»forums.techguy.org/virus ··· l-3.html

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

Google chrome reworks it..and gives it their own number.

»forums.techguy.org/virus ··· l-3.html

That link says nothing about google reworking it and giving it their own number.

The adobe number reflected SHOULD be the number that Chrome has already been assigned. Otherwise it is useless to be there to begin with.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Never happen..and it will never be the same number since they rework it and it is in a sandbox..this is by agreement with the vendor and as i recall they pay for using it..but not sure on that point. Even had different files names

Note: The integrated Flash Player in Chrome has a different file name than the system plug-in. When you enable or disable plug-ins, ensure that you have identified the correct plug-in.

»helpx.adobe.com/flash-pl ··· ome.html

Google Chrome Puts Sandbox Protection To Adobe Flash Player On Windows
»www.techno360.in/google- ··· u-safer/

»groups.google.com/forum/ ··· B1-25%5D

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

Never happen..and it will never be the same number since they rework it and it is in a sandbox..this is by agreement with the vendor and as i recall they pay for using it..but not sure on that point. Even had different files names

Note: The integrated Flash Player in Chrome has a different file name than the system plug-in. When you enable or disable plug-ins, ensure that you have identified the correct plug-in.

Google Chrome Puts Sandbox Protection To Adobe Flash Player On Windows
»www.techno360.in/google- ··· u-safer/

»groups.google.com/forum/ ··· B1-25%5D

Then what exactly is the point of Adobe putting a number on their page showing what the current version is supposed to be if it doesn't match the version of Chrome that you are running and it is some imaginary internal number that the user wouldn't know? My comment has nothing to do with plug-ins. Talking strictly latest Chrome browser with built-in adobe. If the adobe page says "x" is the latest version of "x" then it should match what I'm using. Otherwise the info is totally useless.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Let's back up here..if you are really running google chrome and go to this page

»get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

It will not even tell you versions or numbers..it will tell you only..

"Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.

Do you have a different operating system or browser?

To learn more about the enhanced support for Flash Player in Chrome, including information for developers, see this TechNote."

And nothing else..so game over..you do not have to do anything or worry about version numbers.

It detects you have google chrome...so are you telling me you also run other browser than google chrome ? If that is the case then go to that site running that browser and get updated for it.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

Let's back up here..if you are really running google chrome and go to this page

»get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

It will not even tell you versions or numbers..it will tell you only..

"Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.

Do you have a different operating system or browser?

To learn more about the enhanced support for Flash Player in Chrome, including information for developers, see this TechNote."

And nothing else..so game over..you do not have to do anything or worry about version numbers.

It detects you have google chrome...so are you telling me you also run other browser than google chrome ? If that is the case then go to that site running that browser and get updated for it.

I am talking about this page here:
»www.adobe.com/software/f ··· h/about/

Adobe gives the latest version of their software; by browser & by OS.

It VERY CLEARLY SAYS that the latest version of flash for Chrome on Windows is 11.3.300.265. At the top for version info: You have version 11,3,31,227 installed.

I have the absolute latest version of Chrome installed (21.0.1180.79 m) and it is not matching what Adobe says should be the latest version.

If what you say is true about internal numbers, then that page is totally useless since it does not accurately reflect the actual Chrome version number that I as a user would see. Where in Chrome do you see this "internal" version number?

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game

Premium Member

Chrome is not Google Chrome...it's the other version with less fat.

see here for last aug 8 downloads

»forums.adobe.com/message/4612582

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

Chrome is not Google Chrome...it's the other version with less fat.

see here for last aug 8 downloads

»forums.adobe.com/message/4612582

Not sure WTF you are talking about? Chrome IS Google Chrome.

Your link shows how to edit plugins to override the built-in behavior of chrome to use one version over the other.

Maybe someone else can step in here that understands what I'm talking about instead of posting links that have nothing to do with what I've said.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

said by GuruGuy:

Not sure WTF you are talking about? Chrome IS Google Chrome.

It might be this?
»code.google.com/p/chromi ··· leChrome
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

That is a nice chart if you have Linux and want to know the differences between Chromium and Chrome on Linux distros.

But what does this mean from that chart?

"custom (non-free) plugin included in release" referring to Flash Player on Chrome. Chrome is a free browser so how is its builtin Flash plugin "non-free"?

norwegian
Premium Member
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

Did you read GuruGuy See Profile above in reply to Name Game See Profile?

I think that northern summer has half of the forum on edgy toes.....
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

1 edit

Mele20

Premium Member

Yeah, I get that GuruGuy See Profile is frustrated because Name Game is being loose with his words...he means Chromium when he says "Chrome". But what does that have to do with my wondering why that link you gave says Flash Player in Google Chrome is "non-free"? How can that be when Google Chrome is free? It doesn't make any sense.

What the ...is wrong the forum software? It won't let me edit so that Name Game appears correctly. It ignores the edit...I did 4 times and it just ignores it.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

...he means Chromium when he says "Chrome".

quote:
Brief description: chromium is steel-gray, lustrous, hard, metallic, and takes a high polish. Its compounds are toxic

»www.webelements.com/chromium/

Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

I'm glad you added the smiley...until I saw that I wasn't sure what to think of your post!

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

Sorry. I was a whiz at chemistry many decades ago...

norwegian
Premium Member
Outback

norwegian to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

But what does that have to do with my wondering why that link you gave says Flash Player in Google Chrome is "non-free"? How can that be when Google Chrome is free? It doesn't make any sense.

Okay, possibly this link will enlighten you to why it was a cost:
»fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash
norwegian

norwegian to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

What the ...is wrong the forum software? It won't let me edit so that Name Game appears correctly. It ignores the edit...I did 4 times and it just ignores it.

I've noticed that too, but at the time is was via a web filter proxy at work, the javascript was all screwed and froze, then worked then froze....I was loosing the normal responses I have grown used to. But as it was via proxy, who knows, script corrupting somehow?

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

2 edits

Name Game to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
Click for full size
said by Mele20:

Yeah, I get that GuruGuy See Profile is frustrated because Name Game is being loose with his words...he means Chromium when he says "Chrome". But what does that have to do with my wondering why that link you gave says Flash Player in Google Chrome is "non-free"? How can that be when Google Chrome is free? It doesn't make any sense.

I did not mean chromium.. I meant chrome and it is the one in the beta channel where they explain you can neuter out the "pepper flash" that google chrome has in the sandbox by deleting it (just go to chrome://plugins and disable Flash (2 files) - Version: 11.3.31.227 and Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31) The you go back to Adobe and it will not find the 11.3.31.227 so you can install the other one they have there which will not be working in the sandbox. It is low fat cause that then can be use with other browsers you might have installed like IE..but is stupid to do because pepper flash works great and in a sandbox for added protection to the user. You have then change it from the standard addition of Google Chrome..I hesitated to tell Guruguy all that..but if one want to be persistent on just how messed up and confusing the Adobe site is to all browser users...have at it..I certainly agree which is why I posted earlier I live without any adobe products.. As you see I also added a smiley.

Then if you really do that..you can run around with your head cut off like others are doing each time to update their flash thingie manually..and trying to figure out why it does not work or what version do I need..which give us these great long threads on each adobe flash update announcements ...Go figure.