join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA to DataDoc

Premium Member

to DataDoc

Re: Lawn care: Fertilizer, lime, and maintenance

said by DataDoc:

said by nunya:

My lawn care routine? I mow it if I have to. Otherwise it gets nothing. I prefer the "prairie" method. This summer, all my neighbors have nothing to show but dead grass. My native weeds are as green as can be.

I wouldn't have a lawn that couldn't take care of itself.

After spending untold thousands of dollars and hours of hard work I've adopted this also. It's much better and a hell of a lot cheaper. Weeds? Who cares, Green is Good

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by Jack_in_VA:

said by DataDoc:

said by nunya:

My lawn care routine? I mow it if I have to. Otherwise it gets nothing. I prefer the "prairie" method. This summer, all my neighbors have nothing to show but dead grass. My native weeds are as green as can be.

I wouldn't have a lawn that couldn't take care of itself.

After spending untold thousands of dollars and hours of hard work I've adopted this also. It's much better and a hell of a lot cheaper. Weeds? Who cares, Green is Good

It's all weeds in the end. Grass is just considered a 'desirable' weed.

Asiabound
Ex-Pat
Premium Member
join:2002-12-21
Mabinay

Asiabound

Premium Member

It's a pain in the ass to me. Every year my garden gets larger. One day I hope to not have a lawn to mow anymore.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by Asiabound:

It's a pain in the ass to me. Every year my garden gets larger. One day I hope to not have a lawn to mow anymore.

The joys of a condo or townhouse!

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium Member
join:2000-05-14
Hedgesville, WV
·StarLink
·HughesNet

DataDoc to Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jack_in_VA
said by Jack_in_VA:

Who cares, Green is Good

Now you have to join the George Patton School of Lawnmowing -"If it won't break the mower, mow it."