dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

mastsethi
join:2012-05-26

mastsethi

I find scratches on my new car every morning

I am finding new scratches every morning. There must a mothe... doing this to my car. What should I do?

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

said by mastsethi:

I am finding new scratches every morning. There must a mothe... doing this to my car. What should I do?

Park in your garage.

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member
join:2009-09-11

The Pig to mastsethi

Premium Member

to mastsethi
Get yourself a Security Camera!
Use Motion detection!
Could be an animal, you leave food in the car or have young kids that eat in it?
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes to mastsethi

Premium Member

to mastsethi
new car, old car, fact of life is they get scratched, not much you can do, besides put it in a garage and a tarp over it and never bring it out.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to mastsethi

to mastsethi
Any angry girlfriends? Girlfriends with angry boyfriends? Girlfriends with angry husbands? Do you have a dog and not clean up after it?
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada

TheMG to mastsethi

Premium Member

to mastsethi
What type/size of scratch?

Is someone keying your car, or are they very minor scratches?
Aranarth
join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI

Aranarth to mastsethi

to mastsethi
I wonder, do you park under a low hanging branch? You might have squirrels or possums using it as a quick path to the ground. Cut off the tree branch and you should be good. Cats can do this as well, but most of them keep claws retracted when jumping on a slippery surface.

fruhead
join:2002-01-29
Mosquito,NJ

fruhead to mastsethi

to mastsethi
"That's a hell of a moth..."
"Take your freakin' head off, man!"

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to mastsethi

Premium Member

to mastsethi
What the hell is a mothe? If you mean moth, they don't cause scratches.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to moes

Premium Member

to moes
said by moes:

new car, old car, fact of life is they get scratched, not much you can do, besides put it in a garage and a tarp over it and never bring it out.

I think that will just about do it.

mastsethi
join:2012-05-26

mastsethi to Bob4

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

Any angry girlfriends? Girlfriends with angry boyfriends? Girlfriends with angry husbands? Do you have a dog and not clean up after it?

I doubt there may be one guy doing all this. Next time I see him around my car, I will paint his white car black.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to mastsethi

Premium Member

to mastsethi
I second the idea of installing a camera, and don't advertise that you are doing it. You want to catch the SOB. Wouldn't it be really great if the guy goes to jail?

AndandoPaleo
join:2012-06-21
outer limits

AndandoPaleo to mastsethi

to mastsethi
Sounds like a cat problem.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

How can you say that? We don't know size and location, which seems like vital info before convicting the cat.

FWIW, my cat has vicious claws, and likes to sit on the roof of my car, but has not yet seemed to leave scratches. There's little point in him extending his claws into impermeable surfaces, it's not going to help with traction. I have seen him sliding down the windshield...
mob (banned)
On the next level..
join:2000-10-07
San Jose, CA

mob (banned) to Gbcue

to Gbcue
said by Gbcue:

said by mastsethi:

Park in your garage.

dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

That might not actually be a solution, depending on the agent of the problem - my cat only sits on my car when it's in the garage.
mob (banned)
On the next level..
join:2000-10-07
San Jose, CA

mob (banned)

said by dave:

That might not actually be a solution, depending on the agent of the problem - my cat only sits on my car when it's in the garage.

While your theory is not invalid, I am leaning towards the idea that the OP is parking outside, in an non secure area.
Sniper3142
Slapsho3142
join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA

Sniper3142 to mastsethi

to mastsethi
said by mastsethi:

You haven't answered any of the important questions asked of you.

- What Kind of Scratches are these? How deep or shallow?
- Do you park outside or inside? Is the area secure or open?

Without this info, no one can offer specific suggestions or advice to assist you.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

1 edit

Blogger

Premium Member

The OP never gave the info asked and he hasn't responded or posted for two months. Either the "mothe" destroyed the car or him? Man, I've seen those Japanese monster movies and let me tell you the things that a "mothe" can do are hideous!

Lets hope all is well and the problem solved.
Blogger

Blogger to dave

Premium Member

to dave
Yeah, the only thing the cat will do to the outside of your car is leave dusty paw prints if there is light coat of dust on the car--that's the worse case scenario. Or he might leave his paw prints on your door handle. Cats can usually do or accomplish just about anything they want. Cats know things.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to mastsethi

MVM

to mastsethi
Are you saying it is a cat-tastrophe?
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to mastsethi

Premium Member

to mastsethi
No reason to limit it to cats. In my area racoons, fox, dogs all like to treat my vehicle as a super highway. I always assumed they use it to get a good look over my yard for the nights meal. in the snow the tracks give them up. but i live in a house with a big back yard surrounded by even bigger fields.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

1 recommendation

Doctor Olds to Blogger

Premium Member

to Blogger
said by Blogger:

Yeah, the only thing the cat will do to the outside of your car is leave dusty paw prints if there is light coat of dust on the car--that's the worse case scenario.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 3HcLDzcw

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to mastsethi

Premium Member

to mastsethi
said by mastsethi:

yeah maybe a cat ? I always find a cat getting my car all damn dirty.I have to wash my car every few days to keep it clean.

RobNyc
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06
New York, NY

RobNyc to mastsethi

Premium Member

to mastsethi
I use to find diff swirls marks in my black car everytime I would pick it up from the 24hr garage as well, I got so pissed off that after 2 months I started parking again in the streets instead of having those CentralParking workers touch my car.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

1 edit

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
what it look liked a month ago
Click for full size
Click for full size
freak-en pissed, look what a fat ass cat did. To my front passenger side Fender
That is like $150 to $200 worth of damage.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Is that a dent? A cat is not capable of denting your car. Someone (a person) hit it.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

1 recommendation

Cho Baka

MVM

A cat could make that dent once...
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
You sure that was a cat looks like a racoon print to me

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

Anonymous_ to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
yes a cat did it I always find this orange cat with Bi-Colored eyes. One blue and one green eyes on my car all the time