uniqs

kljflower
Premium Member
join:2001-03-19
Tipp City, OH

kljflower

Premium Member

[Tech] Can Canon AVC-300 cable be used to view stills on TV SX-15

My brother is wanting to connect his new Canon SX-150 to the TV to view the still photos but we don't have the STV-250N cable that would allow the stereo hookup. I have an AVC-300 cable that is used to connect Powershot A720IS to TV - would that (AVC-300) be safe/work to connect Powershot SX150 camera to Sony TV? I wanted to try but brother is afraid it will damage the camera - would anyone know for sure about this or could you point me somewhere? Thanks so much!
kljflower

kljflower

Premium Member

Re: [Cam] Can Canon AVC-300 cable be used to view stills on TV S

Well, I think I found the answer - I had been searching the Canon site for the cable, but when I searched for the camera that came with the cable, it had a compatibility lookup and it looks like it should be OK. Maybe this will help someone else....
kljflower

kljflower

Premium Member

Uh - oh - when I went back there, I had clicked the compatibility for the AC adaptor and the AV cable only says SX100 so back to wondering if it would work - or mostly, would it hurt the camera or TV to try???

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96

Premium Member

If the cable fits, it will be fine.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

said by Jodokast96:

If the cable fits, it will be fine.

In this particular case, this is true.

The power adapter that Dell started using ~5 years ago sure fits into my wife's new HP elitebook (from work) but that voltage difference sure made it crash often...