uniqs

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

Re: [Internet] Service outage downtown toronto?

Many previous techs that have been here also mentioned that the phone room in my building is messy, there's lots of labels missing on the distribution block and the Stinger pumps out a lot of heat. The tech last night said the same thing. I'm waiting for the day those guys read my signature and stop replacing $2000 line cards because a chip fried from bad/no climate control.
BliZZardX

BliZZardX

Premium Member

I lost sync twice overnight, now I'm on a lower profile 25/8, the SNR probably dropped below 20 dB...

antirealist
@supralink.com

antirealist

Anon

No sync for >20 hours now. And I never received the promised call from a supervisor.

I'm still on the legacy $70/month unlimited plan. Is it worth waiting for Bell to fix this - which could easily take another week or so - or should I sign up for something else?

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

If it's not running by the time you get back from your trip you should probably sign up for something else. For me there is nothing else that gives 10Mbps at this price point. I was banking on Rogers earlier but their new packages turned out to be crap.

I'm back at 26944/11328. My line was fine, it was their system that automatically downgraded me to 26944/8128. It shouldn't happen again.

antirealist
@bell.ca

antirealist

Anon

Well, I was down for almost the entire day yesterday, and again this morning. Bell called yesterday, and sent round a tech, but didn't achieve anything.

This morning they called again, and wanted to send a third tech round. I said I was leaving for a week, so they said they would close the ticket and I could call them when I get back. They won't do anything in the interim.

Rather than waste any more of my time, I told them to cancel my service, and made arrangements to sign up with Rogers.