share rss forum feed

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to GmDude66

Re: SB6120 Firmware Updated (7/19/12)

IMO, this version of the firmware shows those DHCP "warnings," but they are not an issue.

I suspect they were there with the older firmware or, at least, the same normal things were happening. We just didn't see them. They show up now at the intervals set by the DHCP server, but nothing bad is happening. It's just business as usual between you and that server.

If they set the intervals at six days, you would see the message every six days, but they would be just as unimportant to your connection as they are now.

If there was a problem with renewing your IP, you would lose connection. You would know there was a problem without even looking at those logs.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
said by sortofageek:

If they set the intervals at six days, you would see the message every six days,

FWIW, typical IP lease lengths renew at their *half life*, so that may be three days.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
True, I just can't tell from the messages if that is the half-life check or not. The point, of course, is that those messages are not a problem. Just messages which can be ignored if one does not lose connection.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

earletp

join:2004-02-03
PDX
reply to sortofageek
said by sortofageek:

IMO, this version of the firmware shows those DHCP "warnings," but they are not an issue.

I suspect they were there with the older firmware or, at least, the same normal things were happening. We just didn't see them. They show up now at the intervals set by the DHCP server, but nothing bad is happening. It's just business as usual between you and that server.

If they set the intervals at six days, you would see the message every six days, but they would be just as unimportant to your connection as they are now.

If there was a problem with renewing your IP, you would lose connection. You would know there was a problem without even looking at those logs.

I agree, here's my log and the DHCP warnings occur once a week at the same time (+10 seconds). The new firmware was downloaded on July 24th.