spc
uniqs
Beaverbob140
join:2011-08-26
united state

Beaverbob140 to buzzmag

to buzzmag

Re: [Speed] Speed Increase - Not

If your arris has a battery in it just unplugging it wont make it pull a new bootfile also.
buzzmag
join:2000-04-23
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

buzzmag

"Remove the Battery".That's a thought. Guess I'll try that.

Unclepaul
@comcast.net

Unclepaul to Beaverbob140

Anon

to Beaverbob140
There is no need to pull the power even. The boot files have not changed. The nodes will recognize the old boot file and adjust the speeds accordingly.

I even tried this myself by throwing a 50 mb boot file on my modem and it pulls 100/20. I go back to the old 25 blast, and it pulls 50/10

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

said by Unclepaul :

There is no need to pull the power even. The boot files have not changed.

Sorry but sometimes this is indeed necessary..

The nodes will recognize the old boot file and adjust the speeds accordingly.

Guess you mean the CMTS and not the "node" ?

I even tried this myself by throwing a 50 mb boot file on my modem and it pulls 100/20. I go back to the old 25 blast, and it pulls 50/10

As an end user, how do you manually do that ?

buzzmag
Philadelphia, PA

buzzmag

Speed still at approx 30Mbps.Tried various speed sites via wired and wi-fi with same results. Decided to do a rest with the battery removed but to my surprise, Comcast didn't install a battery in the TG862. Rest didn't help. So far, no increase via power-cycle or reset.

PJackson5
@comcast.net

PJackson5

Anon

said by buzzmag:

Speed still at approx 30Mbps.Tried various speed sites via wired and wi-fi with same results. Decided to do a rest with the battery removed but to my surprise, Comcast didn't install a battery in the TG862. Rest didn't help. So far, no increase via power-cycle or reset.

Have you tried a Hard Reset using the small button in the back of the modem, hold it down for 10 or 15 sec and release it that should work if it doesn't then tell Comcast.

»www.arrisi.com/support/d ··· d1-3.pdf

here's guide to that modem go to Troubleshooting and go down to page 48, click on Resetting the Router to Factory Defaults it should be in blue, after you clicked on that you should be on page 45 then start reading the guide about hard reset of your TG862G modem.
buzzmag
Philadelphia, PA

buzzmag

Tried everything including reseting factory defaults. Nothing worked.

Silly me. Just tried calling Comcast and spent 35 minutes of being told to power-cycle and reset which I've done at least five times with no speed imcrease. One service guy rebooted the modem but that didn't help. Transferred me to someone who tried to give me over to a fee based tech support line.