how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

[COLORADO] Daughter moving to Colorado Springs.

What's the best/least expensive tv + internet options for a poor grand school student?

I tried to convince her to go OTA for TV, but that didn't quite fly well with, most likely because it's a foreign concept to use bunny ears for kids these days.

As well, any advice on the good stuff in the Springs? Restaurants, places to go, places to avoid, best grocery stores, least busy DMV office, etc. ?

Thanks in advance.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

1 recommendation

DMV-wise, Colorado's kinda funky. License shops and registration shops are two different facilities. I believe you can go anywhere statewide for your license, but you have to go to a spot within your county for registration.

The Springs has a lot of good day-trip stuff to do. Pikes Peak is pretty cool, and the Garden of the Gods is quite a sight. Denver is an hour to the north, and it's packed with culture for whatever you want to do.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2000-10-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

1 recommendation

The DMV Office I went to when I lived out there was near the Springs Airport. It is a full service facility.

As far as tv+internet, I had Comcast when I lived there and it was pretty good. 15+mbps download plus basic extended cable and phone for around $100/mo. It's probably higher than that now.

It really depends on the specific area she chooses to live as there are pockets that you are stuck with one carrier vs. another.

- FM
--
Q: How many theoretical physicists specializing in general relativity does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two. One to hold the bulb and one to rotate the universe.

RenHoek
You Eeeediot
Premium
join:2000-10-02
Peyton, CO
Reviews:
·Skybeam

1 recommendation

reply to shaner

Comcast is the only Cable TV+internet in town.

I believe CenturyLink offers a phone+internet+DirecTV bundle.

Lots of good restaurants in and around town. A few of my favs:
Springs Orleans - Cajun
Rudy's BBQ
Mona Lisa (Manitou Springs) - Fondue
3 Margaritas - Mexican
--
Don't touch that, it's the history eraser button you fool!

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to shaner

Thanks guys. Any other info about The Springs I can pass along?

Like, I don't know, the best gyms in town, or grocery stores, or best places to shop, best districts to hang out in...umm ...best tattoo shop?

General living stuff that you all reccomend.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2000-10-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

Stick to the North West part of the springs. Over near Skyway park. The areas around the airport and on the south/east side of town is infested with lower income low life activity. North East is okay too - anywhere north and east of Academy blvd and Constitution.

- FM

RenHoek
You Eeeediot
Premium
join:2000-10-02
Peyton, CO
Reviews:
·Skybeam
reply to shaner

One thing that will take some getting used to, the altitude. Denver is known as the "mile high city" but we're significantly higher in altitude. Average around town is somwhere in the 6,300 ft range. My house in the far northeast corner of El Paso county is at 7,000 feet. Remember to drink LOTS of water, it helps immensely. And wear plenty of sunscreen.
--
Don't touch that, it's the history eraser button you fool!

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

And not to sound foul, but if she gets the raging shits for the first week, it's normal. Just a climate acclimation. And be mindful of dizziness and other symptoms of altitude sickness. Doesnt affect everyone, but I had a few friends come here from AZ and they all got sick.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.

MTBikerChris
Premium
join:2001-08-28
Broomfield, CO
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to shaner

For a good Place to eat there is Zio's I Love this place we dont have then up here in Denver ! »www.zios.com/site/

Also if you see 3 black Tahoe's Dog the bounty Hunter Might be around