share rss forum feed

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6

[OOL] ARRIS TM822 questions

Click for full size
I just came back from a Cablevision office where I swapped my very old modem for a new one...They gave me a ARRIS TM822 and told me to follow online instructions to register it.

So I did and after step 3 where they said to wait while they reset my modem which it did and then the screen said one final step to go and then it said I would need to download some kind of program for phone diagnostics?.....I clicked on next to download whatever that was and it came back unable to access....I figured it was due to I don't have Optimum Voice and I also don't have Cablevision TV...Just internet.

So I closed that Optimum modem registration and was able to access the internet just fine....

The question I have is the Power light, the DS light, the US light and the online light are all solid lights...but directly to the left of the Online light it says LINK and that light is not solid but just blinks....

Is that blinking of the LINK light normal operation? Or is it blinking due to I wasn't able to complete Step 4 of the modem registration or for some other reason?

I just took a pic of the lights but I see you can't see the LINK light but it is directly to the left of the Online light....

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

1 recommendation

Normal

sailor
Premium
Long Island

Great, thank you!

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

1 recommendation

See - »Re: [OOL] Arris TM822G Upstream light is orange?

sailor
Premium
Long Island

Thanks for that link...I just saved that chart in it for future reference.

jpr281

join:2006-01-12
Shirley, NY
reply to sailor

said by sailor:

I just came back from a Cablevision office

Which Optimum store did you go to on Long Island? I've been wanting to swap out my Moto modem for an Arris and obviously you picked a store that has them in stock.

sailor
Premium
Long Island

It was the Riverhead store....I normally pay my OOL bill with my banks bill pay but knew I was going by there today...and a few months ago I had stopped there and asked about swapping my old modem and the girl said to bring it in and they will give me a new one.

So I unplugged mine and took it in there with me to pay my bill and as I was handing it to the girl I asked her if I could get the latest modem they had....And she replied absolutely and went on to say they just got the newest ones in....( don't know if that is true or not )

So she handed me a box with the modem in it, wrote down their local phone number on the box and told me to call if I had any trouble getting online and out the door I went.

It was an extremely pleasant transaction.

The number she wrote down on the box is 727-6300 if you want to call to make sure they have them still in stock before heading to the Riverhead office ( area code 631)

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online

I've had good experiences at the walk-in store in Norwalk, except sometimes there is a wait.

I'm really glad to hear they are at least starting to hand out D3 modems without having to beg. I think it will help everyone.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

sailor
Premium
Long Island

Since OOL gave me a current modem can any of you kindly recommend a current wireless router I can purchase to take advantage of this latest modem?

I have laying around here someplace a LINKSYS WRT54G that I purchased some years ago but never got around to hooking it up...

When I had my older modem that I just swapped I had asked about things about a year ago in this thread
»[OOL] OOL Modem and Linksys WRT54G router question

Would you say the WRT54G is outdated for this TM822 modem? For example not taking full advantage of the TM822?

Since I now have a modern modem I would like to finally go wireless and I have no problem purchasing a new and updated wireless router to mate to the TM822.

I just need recommendations on make and model of what to buy and where I can buy it from..

Thanks.

fuzing

join:2004-06-11
Bay Shore, NY
reply to jpr281

I swapped out last week at the Lindenhurst store and was given the Arris docsis 3, also without asking.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to sailor

If you have standard OOL, your router is fine. If you have Boost or Boost+, then consider an upgrade.

sailor
Premium
Long Island

said by limegrass69:

If you have standard OOL, your router is fine. If you have Boost or Boost+, then consider an upgrade.

Just standard OOL so that's good to know I'll be fine with the Linksys.

Thank you!

Fadman

join:2012-09-30
Nashville, TN
reply to sailor

How did you get your TM822g modem working? I called comcast and they can't provision mine even though it's online and the can send a signal. not sure what to do now, I'm out $140...

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2

You might try asking here: »Comcast HSI