uniqs
share rss forum feed

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

WoW needs to incorporate WvWvW comabt like GW2

WvWvW is probably the main reason why GW2 is taking me away from WoW.

WoW has excellent PvP mechanics... but...

What it needs is WvWvW and perpetual PvP... wintergrasp and tol barad don't count

Qing for BGs is a thing of the past... incorporate perpetual pvp!

it doesn't have to exactly be WvWvW, it could simply be Horde v Alliance eternal BGs or something, which are larger and have capture/defensive points

and the mechanics don't have to favor offense over defense like wintergrasp...

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

EPL?

TheThing

not familiar with that acronym

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3
reply to TheThing

Not familiar with WvWvW.

Is that like a woman vs woman vs woman? A gal on gal threesome or something? If so I concur with your origional post.

TheThing

A-gah-gah-gah-gah-gah-gah!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

not familiar with that acronym

Eastern plague lands

And other zones.

They have such in vanilla and BC, people I guess weren't interested and come wrath they moved to the WG/TB model.

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Jobbie

said by Jobbie:

EPL?

eastern plaguelands?

vanilla WoW world PvP?

capture towers?

didn't start WoW till BC brotha!

TheThing

reply to TheThing

19 seconds! blast you!

TheThing

reply to TheThing

can't even compare epl/WG/TB to WvWvW

eternal BGs could incorporate capture points, larger areas, and raid type bosses, siege vehicles

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

said by TheThing:

can't even compare epl/WG/TB to WvWvW

eternal BGs could incorporate capture points, larger areas, and raid type bosses, siege vehicles

Well they didn't have siege vehicles back then and it clearly wasn't popular enough.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
reply to TheThing

WoW doesn't need WvWvW

Pet battles are far cooler.

/sarcasm

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31

1 recommendation

reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

What it needs is WvWvW and perpetual PvP

Roll on a PvP server and dont sit in your faction capitol everytime you log on.

TheThing

reply to TheThing

this isn't Asia son

us americans need motivation for PvPing... structured PvP

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Skittles

said by Skittles:

said by TheThing:

What it needs is WvWvW and perpetual PvP

Roll on a PvP server and dont sit in your faction capitol everytime you log on.

It'll never happen as long as insta-dungeon and raid queues continue.

PVP server or not.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to TheThing

What is comabt?

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

It'll never happen as long as insta-dungeon and raid queues continue.

PVP server or not.

My comment was one of sarcasm. I think, if your familiar with any of my previous posts as to how Blizzard has ruined this game, you would know that I am in complete agreement with you.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to TheThing

OK, let's pretend some of us here have no clue as to what WvWvW is, and start from the top explaining what it means and what it is so an actual comparison can be made.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Skittles

Haha, gotcha. I haven't posted in this forum much lately. Getting kinda rusty.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to bTU

they pit 3 teams from 3 different realms against each other in a specified battle area
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

So it's a 3 way BG, that if I read other posts right is just continual? So like if one person from a team leaves another one from a que for his realm that is next in line would get in? Or is there a time limit and whatever team gets the most kills is the winner?

The problem with truly continual BG's is, PVP rewards right now are based on honor points, and most of those come from winning randoms and holiday weekend BG's. If it were all continuous you'd have to tweak the rewards system a bit.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Yeah, it's basically tri-realm Wintergrasp (with vehicles and resources and other weird objectives), except it lasts for like a week. Also, apparently how well your realm is doing affects the entire server. You get XP bonuses, world damage bonuses, etc.

Note: first time I looked at anything about it was 5 minutes ago, so I might be missing something very important in there.

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to navymaverick

said by navymaverick:

Not familiar with WvWvW.

Is that like a woman vs woman vs woman? A gal on gal threesome or something? If so I concur with your origional post.

Best comment of the year. Literally spewed coke zero on my monitor.
--
/)_/)
( . . )
C(")(")

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Hope it cleans off...

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

said by Krisnatharok:

Hope it cleans off...

TWSS?

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to TheThing

It sounds interesting - but it wouldn't really work in WoW. At least, not without some tweaking.

Why?

Well, there's the whole 2 factions bit.

Granted, with Arenas it does allow you to pit AvsA or HvsH. Plus the War Games option for guilds, which is basically what you want for the basic mechanic, minus the third side.

Blizzard has tried the "zone/worldwide buff" from a PvP zone before. And it doesn't really work. The majority of players don't like it. Add in the fact that most servers do have a faction imbalance of some kind, and it makes it a bit more unpalatable. Granted, if we had a 3rd faction, it'd work better. But it's too late to incorporate that for WoW. They'd have to hand out free faction changes like candy to get enough people on a third faction. Mostly because entire guilds would need to switch.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to TheThing

I play on or have played on 8 different servers and I've got to say it would incredibly imbalanced. Just imagine Illidian vs Wyrmrest Accord LOL. I bet we'll see it in wow eventually though.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to TheThing

maybe if wow was a pvp game...

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

agreed. WoW PvP was/is tacked on to a predominately PvE game.

Besides, we used to have perpetual PvP. It was 48 hour AV matches in Pre-BC WoW. PvP for 4-8 hours Friday night, go to sleep, get up Saturday morning/afternoon and rejoin the same AV match. It was ... less than glorious.

Besides, I've been leery of any game that gives away early access for preordering. If the game's done, the game's done. If I have to buy the box to play the game, but I can play it early before the game's released ... why not just release the damn game? I do understand that it might spread out people from starter areas, which would be a good thing.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Xaiyne

@comcast.net
reply to TheThing

No it doesn't. That would be very unfair due to WoW having different types of servers, ie PvP, RP, and normal. I actually prefer WoW's PvP mechanics and style. The only thing I like so far about Guild Wars PvP, is their structured PvP setup, but that is very similar to WoW's so I guess it isn't saying much.

GW2 isn't good enough to take anyone away from WoW imo... Maybe the players who never cared about the game to begin with. Currently, there ins't a lot to do in WoW due to it being the end of an expansion and DS was too easy for most people, but as soon as Mists comes out, GW2 pop will drop a bit. I think the scaling is pretty lame, too. Because it just throws you into it without learning, I guess because in GW2 it doesn't matter if you learn what skills do or not lol you just smash them. And don't get me wrong, I am playing it too, and it is fun, but, WoW's still my #1.

The thing is, a majority of WoW players aren't as interested in PvP as they are in the other content. If they were, I don't think their main game would be WoW. So something like "WvWvW" wouldn't work that well on WoW unless it were only on PvP servers.

Lulu

@comcast.net
reply to stonhinge

that's why they have PvE servers. :c they HAVE to add some form of PvP to satisfy those who do enjoy PvP along with PvE. Only makes sense. I like to PvP, but I'm mostly a PvE fan. Any game who only focues on one or the other is complete fail from the beginning.