Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to bluepoint

Re: Just got a new firmware on my SBG6580!

said by bluepoint:

Good to know moto SBG6580 is IPv6 compliant, it makes sense going forward. Do you have an idea when TWC transitions to IPv6?

no I don't but I believe they are planning on launching it on all 30/5 and 50/5 modems before the end of the year.

xcrunner529

join:2010-08-05
Dublin, OH
Question - I got the update last night as well and now the wireless radio has come back on. I am in bridge mode and I see no way to actually disable the radio. Am I stuck with it now?

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

2 edits
reply to motorola870
Well Okay, that's getting close. I wonder what happened to those IPv6 beta testers that were asked in this forum? Are you guys still testing?

thereach

join:2010-07-20
I didn't realize this, but somehow this update broke my router being in Bridged mode. I had to put the SBG6508 back in DHCP / NAPT Mode in order to get back out.

I figured out the solution (not that hard) and posted it in my original thread here: »[TWC] SBG6850 - Bridge mode worked for a year, now it doesn't ?! (5th post)

Hope this helps someone else.

koji150

@rr.com
said by thereach:

I didn't realize this, but somehow this update broke my router being in Bridged mode. I had to put the SBG6508 back in DHCP / NAPT Mode in order to get back out.

I figured out the solution (not that hard) and posted it in my original thread here: »[TWC] SBG6850 - Bridge mode worked for a year, now it doesn't ?! (5th post)

Hope this helps someone else.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I work from home too and woke up this morning to find my internet not working. I checked the modem and noticed that the wireless indicator was now on, where it had been disabled in the past. To add to my confusion we had an earthquake overnight and I thought the settings may have reset to default with a power outage or something like that. So I logged into the modem and tried to follow the steps I had done to get it working in bridge mode when it was first set up but as soon as I disabled NAPT, all of the settings disappeared. Multiple resets later I was still getting nowhere and then I found this post. Again, thanks a ton!