how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RedMageX

join:2011-10-06
Oakville, ON
reply to urbanriot

Re: Is this forum only for Cogeco haters?

Honestly, I'm on the Exp 8 package which is 40GIG/month and even with heavy Online Gaming with my Xbox (Battlefield 3, CoD: Black ops) I never ended up going over my usage for the month.

Honestly, the only way you can really get yourself into big trouble with usage is Bit Torrent programs in use if you aren't aware that they are still active.

There's no misleading in the packages, an average user doing as they describe should have no issues with any overages, unless they or any of the PCs/Devices in the home are causing any traffic issues.

From what I understand from calling into Tech Support, the usage is read direct from the Modem, and considering how often i check, it's never been off at all.
Expand your moderator at work

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
reply to RedMageX

Re: Is this forum only for Cogeco haters?

said by RedMageX:

Honestly, I'm on the Exp 8 package which is 40GIG/month and even with heavy Online Gaming with my Xbox (Battlefield 3, CoD: Black ops) I never ended up going over my usage for the month.

Honestly, the only way you can really get yourself into big trouble with usage is Bit Torrent programs in use if you aren't aware that they are still active.

Lets take your normal gaming, now toss an update to your xbox dashboard, maybe a few 4.5gb downloaded Beta tests offered through Gold, a windows 7 patches, Steam maybe you buy 1 game, the others automatically update. Couple game trailers.

40GB is a drop in the bucket
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

backstage_no

@cgocable.net
Yeah, try being a STEAM sale addict (amazing deals on a regular basis, God bless Gaben) and see how things go bandwidth wise.

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
Well, vote with your wallet.

backstage_no
@cgocable.net

change it to

backstage_no
@start.ca