Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PassingBy

@ica.net
reply to HiVolt

Re: Rogers NEW Ultimate 150/10 With Hitron

said by HiVolt:

Nothing mentioned about that funny plug there...

Looks like a USB charging cube that the OP just sat on that lip. I have a white one from Rayovac that sells at Walmart. You can use it to plug any device with a USB cable into the wall for charging so I doubt it has any relation to this modem at all. I actually plug one into the switched outlet at the back of my Rogers PVR, plug a USB powered fan into it and aim it at an attached external hard drive enclosure to keep it running cooler.

FastEddie
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-13
join:2000-12-29
Channel Z
kudos:6

I lightened the picture up for you guys.

--
Here's To You

PassingBy

@ica.net
reply to PassingBy

said by HiVolt:

I get it now ... that cube plug was just something placed there to hide what looks like a S/N tag behind it.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by PassingBy :

said by HiVolt:

I get it now ... that cube plug was just something placed there to hide what looks like a S/N tag behind it.

Hah! It looks like you may be right.. I hadn't noticed the flat part that its resting on.

Threw us for a nice curveball, and geeky possibilities of what it may be for, lol...

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to PassingBy

I take my hat off to the OP. Actually that's very clever. That cube has garnered more attention than the Gateway itself. Doesn't take a lot to distract us.....

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2

Damm...now I just have to laugh at myself.

We definitely took that one for a run. The absence of anything in the manual should have been our first clue.