uniqs
share rss forum feed

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

Darksiders II

Got this game last week Friday, and have been playing it for hours on end, every day since. One word to describe this game: EPIC!

Wow! The boss fights are insane! I love how this is not a short game; lots of side quests. This is like a combination of God of War, Prince of Persia, The Legend of Zelda, and Lord of the Rings. Seriously! If you've ever played any of those other games, and then play this one, then you'll see what I mean.

Right now I'm up to the Gilded Arena. Just made my way there and was told I have to find the three stones to summon the Champion. Left off there.

Anyone else playing this game?
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
I am not too far past where you are currently in the game (I beat the champion, then switched to Sleeping Dogs (also a good game)). Darksiders 2 is fun, though, I feel like the Vigil added too much to the game, like the armor/weapon drops and the skill trees. Eh, I guess that I just prefer the original more (my gamerscore is 1000/1000 for it ).

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
I just beat the Champion in the Gilded Arena.

Gotta go find the Three Lords now. I'll do that another time. Been spending hours every day on this game since Friday. I'm so glad this isn't a quick game. I beat God of War III in only about 5 days, and I wasn't playing it nearly as much as I'm playing Darksiders II.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
I found one of the Lords, but got stuck with a fight in that area which just made me quit the game for a while.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
LOL!

You think that fight is tough? You ain't seen nothing yet! Try doing one of the side quests and going up against The Deposed King! Holy Sh!t! Just one hit will kill you!
I got so frustrated after literally trying to kill him for hours, that I finally quit the fight and fast traveled back to the main quest.

Anybody else playing this game? Why is it just the two of us talking about it?

Intoxicoded

join:2011-05-02
USA
Im going to get this for the console, i have the pc version and it glitches at a boss battle and you can continue. fun game tho

primeomega

join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI

1 recommendation

reply to Alpha Phoenix
Just want to thank you for the post. I went home the other night and picked it up on steam, really like the game.

Wish they would have done a better port over to the pc, but oh well. It so far plays well.

I look forward to putting in some more time tonight!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Glad you are enjoying it. I honestly don't know how many hours of gameplay this game has, but I can tell you this is not a short game. It's been a long, looong time since I've had a game that I couldn't beat in about a week or less. Almost a week later and I still have tons left to do in the main quest, and that's not even counting all the side quests either!
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

I found one of the Lords, but got stuck with a fight in that area which just made me quit the game for a while.

Holy crap! The Wailing Host boss fight was crazy!!!

Still think The Deposed King takes the cake thus far tho. Still haven't beat him. He was so difficult I quit that battle and went back tot the main quest. I'll go back to him later on when I've leveled up some more and am stronger and more powerful.
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to primeomega
said by primeomega:

Just want to thank you for the post. I went home the other night and picked it up on steam, really like the game.

Wish they would have done a better port over to the pc, but oh well. It so far plays well.

I look forward to putting in some more time tonight!

So how are you liking it so far? Where are you up to?
--

primeomega

join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I am still working though it. Not sure on what boss fight I just did last, but working on the tear part? of the story. Just got the forge open. So guessing still early in the game.

I ended up building a new pc over the last few days, so was down while that was going on. Look forward to more time this weekend.

Draper
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Florissant, MO
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Finally started this last night. Started on apocalyptic difficulty. Made it through the crucible and into the next dungeon. I dig it so far, but I agree that it feels like Vigil may have tried to squeeze too much into it.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
said by Draper:

Finally started this last night. Started on apocalyptic difficulty. Made it through the crucible and into the next dungeon. I dig it so far, but I agree that it feels like Vigil may have tried to squeeze too much into it.

Same difficulty that I started with and it has not been too bad, especially since if you get stuck at a part, it will actually heal you a little more each time you restart.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Draper
said by Draper:

I'm still playing the main quest. What's The Crucible about?
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Just finished the game. Wow!!!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
Gratz, AP. Did you finish all the sidequests or were they too tedious?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
I missed 1 Angel in the Light of the Fallen side quest, and I am currently trying to do the Soul Arbiter's Maze, but died and have to start back from the very beginning. That one will take a long time to do in 1 sitting, and there's no exiting once you start it, otherwise you have to start all over again from the beginning.

I'm also trying to do The Crucible, but I'm currently getting my ass handed to me! »/r0/download/1 ··· _ani.gif Just like the Soul Arbiter's Maze, once you start it, the only way out is either Victory, or Death.
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
said by Alpha Phoenix:

I missed 1 Angel in the Light of the Fallen side quest, and I am currently trying to do the Soul Arbiter's Maze, but died and have to start back from the very beginning. That one will take a long time to do in 1 sitting, and there's no exiting once you start it, otherwise you have to start all over again from the beginning.

I'm also trying to do The Crucible, but I'm currently getting my ass handed to me! »/r0/download/1 ··· _ani.gif Just like the Soul Arbiter's Maze, once you start it, the only way out is either Victory, or Death.

Arbitrary difficulty barriers are annoying.

I need to get back into the game before Tuesday, as Borderlands 2 comes out then.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Just finished the Argul's Tomb DLC last night!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Just finished the Argul's Tomb DLC last night!

How was it? I have been busy with Mark of the Ninja and LoL this week, so I haven't had time to download it.
--
From Psychonauts -
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
It was pretty good, but I wasn't blown away with the Argul's Tomb DLC. It wasn't that it wasn't good or anything like that (because it was), it's just I think I was expecting more. I wanted a LOT more to be added, and for it to be longer. The boss battle was pretty good, but it would've also been really cool if this quest somehow fit into the main story quest and I had to go back to someone and something else happened as a result of me completing the Argul's Tomb quest.

This game is so awesome, that they raised the bar for my expectations, that's why.
--

Natineah

join:2012-09-28
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I just have started playing Darksiders II and from then on, I always look forward for new quests and bosses.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
Started playing again the last two days and I have made a decent dent in it. The Wailing Host was quite a fun fight and now I have finally made it to Earth.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
The Earth portion of the game is a lot like Resident Evil. You'll see.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
Hrmmmmm, I don't know if I dig that or not considering the new one hasn't received rave reviews...

jack322

join:2012-09-19
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Awesome Game.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
said by jack322:

Awesome Game.

Yep. Where you up to in it?

jack322

join:2012-09-19
Started it about 10 days ago. I've just killed Gharn boss. Unfortunately, I don't have much free time to play this period because of my work.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I just finished it over the weekend and am now working on doing all of the sidequests (I hate collectibles...). One particular piece of the game that is annoying is that you are hard-capped at level 22 for your first playthrough. In order to hit level 30 (the highest level), you MUST do New Game +.