Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bt06437

join:2001-12-03
Carrollton, TX
reply to djoropallo

Re: [DVR] 7232 Slow, Unrepsonsive Until Warms Up or a Reboot

I was seeing this frequently. Then I altered the menu/settings/telev ision/Info Bar Time Out to 2 seconds. No longer saw the problem for a week or more.
I've just returned it to 10 seconds, to monitor.
Now this may be totally off in left field, I just wanted to share it.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

It is totally out in left field. That would have nothing to do with what everyone is experiencing. No one can even access the menu or guide when this happens. I guess you just got lucky.

justin9876

join:2006-04-21
Keller, TX
reply to bt06437

said by bt06437:

I was seeing this frequently. Then I altered the menu/settings/telev ision/Info Bar Time Out to 2 seconds. No longer saw the problem for a week or more.

You and I are in VHO 1. I think Verizon has been doing some under the covers updating of the software in the STBs and they screwed things up royally, and last week they did an update in at least the DFW part of VHO 1 that fixed, or mostly fixed, the problem.

I had the problem for several months, but some time between Sunday night 8/19 and Wednesday afternoon 8/22 the problem mostly disappeared for me (not sure exactly when, I was out of town). I no longer have any of the long delays and missed or queued up button presses, but my 7232 DVR is still somewhat slower than it was before 1.9.1. My 7100-P2 boxes have not been affected by this problem at all.
--
Justin
Verizon FiOS TV and Internet
Motorola QIP7232 HD DVR
Motorola QIP 7100-P2
Sony KDL-V40XBR1

djoropallo

join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ
reply to bt06437

said by bt06437:

I already have the info bar set to 2 seconds, didn't stop it from occurring, and as matcarl states we can't even get to the menu, no buttons react at all.