We are all Kosh
Premium Member
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum

Kosh to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

Re: Pilot Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D. by Whedon Possibly in the works

Glad to see Whedon finding his feet again.

I wonder who would take on the role of Nick Fury, given a lower TV budget? Being on network vs cable TV is a drawback IMO, but we'll see.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

said by Kosh:

I wonder who would take on the role of Nick Fury, given a lower TV budget? Being on network vs cable TV is a drawback IMO, but we'll see.

I agree but considering who owns Marvel, an HBO series is out of the question Even though premium channels would be superior both in budget and content. They would not need to nanny anything and could make the episodes close to an actual hour rather than 40 minutes meaning more room for story.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean to Kosh

MVM

to Kosh
said by Kosh:

david hasselhoff would do it,......snicker,....

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil to Kearnstd

Premium Member

to Kearnstd
MTV? I thought MTV would make a mockery of Teen Wolf. But damn, Teen Wolf turned out to be a pretty decent show.

So given that, I suggest MTV. Make it a "Teen/young adults" avengers.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Kearnstd

MVM

to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

said by Kosh:

I agree but considering who owns Marvel, an HBO series is out of the question Even though premium channels would be superior both in budget and content. They would not need to nanny anything and could make the episodes close to an actual hour rather than 40 minutes meaning more room for story.

I agree but to a point.

Why would they ever really need to nanny anything? S.H.I.E.L.D. and as such Marvel comics complied with the comic book code. There should be nothing neededing exclusivity of an adult audience.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

maybe so in the content angle. But in the running time angle you gain more actual time to tell a story on HBO and Showtime. Networks are getting close to less than 40min of actual show.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

2 recommendations

Alpha Phoenix to Kosh

Premium Member

to Kosh
said by Kosh:

The Hoff!