Can't Triforce
Premium
join:2005-11-16
Glendale, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to darcilicious

Re: Pilot Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D. by Whedon Possibly in the works

Glad to see Whedon finding his feet again.

I wonder who would take on the role of Nick Fury, given a lower TV budget? Being on network vs cable TV is a drawback IMO, but we'll see.
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
said by pb5k:

I wonder who would take on the role of Nick Fury, given a lower TV budget? Being on network vs cable TV is a drawback IMO, but we'll see.

I agree but considering who owns Marvel, an HBO series is out of the question Even though premium channels would be superior both in budget and content. They would not need to nanny anything and could make the episodes close to an actual hour rather than 40 minutes meaning more room for story.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

1 recommendation

reply to pb5k
said by pb5k:

david hasselhoff would do it,......snicker,....

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

1 recommendation

reply to Kearnstd
MTV? I thought MTV would make a mockery of Teen Wolf. But damn, Teen Wolf turned out to be a pretty decent show.

So given that, I suggest MTV. Make it a "Teen/young adults" avengers.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

said by pb5k:

I agree but considering who owns Marvel, an HBO series is out of the question Even though premium channels would be superior both in budget and content. They would not need to nanny anything and could make the episodes close to an actual hour rather than 40 minutes meaning more room for story.

I agree but to a point.

Why would they ever really need to nanny anything? S.H.I.E.L.D. and as such Marvel comics complied with the comic book code. There should be nothing neededing exclusivity of an adult audience.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
maybe so in the content angle. But in the running time angle you gain more actual time to tell a story on HBO and Showtime. Networks are getting close to less than 40min of actual show.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

2 recommendations

reply to pb5k
said by pb5k:

The Hoff!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo