uniqs
share rss forum feed

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·GoDaddy Hosting
reply to matcarl

Re: Thoughts on Verizon picking up the PAC 12 Network?

I have no problem with the PAC-12 network being on an extra-cost sports network. I just want to see FiOS add these channels. Supposedly they are in "negotiations" but the football season starts Thursday night.

As a college football fan I would sign up for these channels from September through November at least.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
said by billhere:

I have no problem with the PAC-12 network being on an extra-cost sports network. I just want to see FiOS add these channels. Supposedly they are in "negotiations" but the football season starts Thursday night.

As a college football fan I would sign up for these channels from September through November at least.

You have no problem, but Pac-12 sure does! They don't want that. Again, what is Verizon's foothold in Pac-12 territory? Not much anymore, after selling off Oregon/Washington to Frontier. And boy, without DirecTV on board, even less pressure as was said. College football has become a total farce. There are a half dozen programs who can legitimately buy their way to the national championship, and that's about it. The rest of the teams are just playing for the sake of it, and the mega-TV deals are definitely part of it. The conference destruction of the last few years is ALL driven by Football TV money, and I feel it's going to ruin the sport.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
said by Greg2600:

The conference destruction of the last few years is ALL driven by Football TV money, and I feel it's going to ruin the sport.

Not to mention the collateral damage (e.g. Big East basketball).

rantanamo

@verizon.net
I guess everyone that goes to college in PAC 12 country stays there all their lives? Sorry, but these college channels are national channels, like it or not.

Bolt1963

join:2011-07-19
Redondo Beach, CA
Regrettably, I made the switch and it turns out, Time Warner was less expensive. My bill all in with Verizon was $230 and some change- Time Warner I am down to $196. Just an added bonus to having access to the PAC 12 Networks.

For those who have the option, suggest you go ahead and pull the trigger. Screw Verizon.

dcowboy

join:2012-05-10
Stupid time warner doesnt have NFL Network or RedZone so forget it.

Bolt1963

join:2011-07-19
Redondo Beach, CA
said by dcowboy:

Stupid time warner doesnt have NFL Network or RedZone so forget it.

Who would have thought, Time Warner finally getting a deal done with the NFL Network before Verizon and the PAC 12. Wonder how much of Los Angeles Verizon lost this week with USC vs. CAL on tomorrow.

»www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-2···one.html