how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to Bolt1963

Re: Thoughts on Verizon picking up the PAC 12 Network?

said by Bolt1963:

And I don't understand why I have to pay for BRAVO, A&E, HGTV, MTV, TBS, etc.

Go complain on the thread about winning programming like Cartoons or BBC America. My lord. I am not in that thread whining about having to pay for that crap.

Sports programming drives the bus. Sorry.

You are correct it drives the RATE bus, everyone pisses and moans when the rates go up, what is driving that, sports channels. As someone else pointed out, those channels you mentioned all cost $0.10 to $0.20 per subscriber (except for MTV, and if I could I would get rid of every single M(ORON)TV channel there is) while all the sports channels are anywhere frm $1.00 to $6.00 per subscriber.
--
Verizon is becoming the new Comcast

Those .tv channels have got to go!!!!!!!!!!

Bolt1963

join:2011-07-19
Redondo Beach, CA

1 edit

said by Strommy:

You are correct it drives the RATE bus, everyone pisses and moans when the rates go up, what is driving that, sports channels. As someone else pointed out, those channels you mentioned all cost $0.10 to $0.20 per subscriber (except for MTV, and if I could I would get rid of every single M(ORON)TV channel there is) while all the sports channels are anywhere frm $1.00 to $6.00 per subscriber.

I threw out a few channels and could add 100 more, they add up. I don't watch TV other than Sports Programming.

You and others don't watch Sports. OK. Fair enough. Like I said, I could bitch and whine about every channel in my package for the most part and know many others who could too.

I understand sports programming is expensive and in high demand. Its viewership is live and in real time. Really the only reason people SHOULD have cable. As a matter of fact, I am completely at a loss why anyone would have cable that doesn't watch sports. Pick up a season of whatever show you watch on DVD or subscribe to HULU or something.

I do agree that sooner or later we will be at a breaking point with ala carte - but your favorite channels that are only costing .10 cents are going to cost much more once we can cut the chord. Same will go for sports obviously - but they will get it and survive.

Again, this is a thread about Verizon keeping subscribers. They are nearly out of time, so you guys won't have to worry about us if they don't carry. Of course they will be forced to carry sooner or later with the great content the network will have - but will be too late for many. Why these negotiations never make sense to me.

One last thing. I don't know how much I pay for YES, but there is definitely a channel that has no business being available nationally since no Yankee games are available outside NY. Now THAT is a waste, we can agree there.

lakerfan82

join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA

Let's get back on topic guys, this is a thread about Pac-12 Network and whether or not Verizon has any plans to carry it. Mods, can someone please delete or move the posts related to sports vs variety channels and a la carte, etc to a new thread?

Bolt1963

join:2011-07-19
Redondo Beach, CA

1 edit

Wilner says no DirecTV deal this week. Less pressure on Verizon. We all know DirecTV is going to get done eventually, do not understand what is gained by dragging it out.

EDIT - another Wilner tweet.

Also: There will be no deals this week btwn Pac12 and Charter and Fios. (Checking on Dish and U-verse)

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Bolt1963:

Wilner says no DirecTV deal this week. Less pressure on Verizon. We all know DirecTV is going to get done eventually, do not understand what is gained by dragging it out.

EDIT - another Wilner tweet.

Also: There will be no deals this week btwn Pac12 and Charter and Fios. (Checking on Dish and U-verse)

$$$$$$'s