spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NotHappy

@mchsi.com

WatchESPN

Since the lovely worldwide leader of sports decided to make a silent change in what ESPN3 right before the start of college football season, I'll be the first to request Mediacom please provide WatchESPN access.

ESPN3 is worthless now, unless I want to catch Oregon in Spanish on Saturday.

Please look into this. I know it's more the fault of the WWL but there is virtually zero recourse in this situation.

implode

join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO
I agree, I downloaded watch espn AP on my ipad jsut tonight thinking I would be able to use it...nope, needs special password, and mediacom wasn't a choice.

DoctorX

join:2010-08-01
reply to NotHappy
yep... me too

alarson83

join:2007-01-06
West Des Moines, IA
reply to NotHappy
Agreed. ESPN3 was a nice advantage for mediacom, but now that all the best games are moved to watchespn, its lost that advantage. Mediacom needs to get this on.

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by alarson83:

Agreed. ESPN3 was a nice advantage for mediacom, but now that all the best games are moved to watchespn, its lost that advantage. Mediacom needs to get this on.

+1 I agree.

NotHappy

@winegard.com
reply to NotHappy
Once again, I'd like to say that I'm frustrated with ESPN over this and not Mediacom, as ESPN was the one who decided to change everything over. Of course they're not going to offer a straight subscription service because they're aware that customers will be irate and take it out on their cable providers and thus can get the customer fee from all of a customer base as opposed just to a la carte.

I'm surprised there's not more outrage about this. Maybe many people don't stream, but without cable TV, it's the way I get my football fix. Very nice of them to change it within days of kickoff as well. They knew exactly what they were doing.

MCChad, can you at least let us know you've seen this thread? Thanks

implode

join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO
Think most people just resort to pirate feeds, when this comes into play...

NotHappy

@winegard.com
Which is what I did last night, but finding a good quality feed can be very difficult at times. I was very pleased with ESPN3's quality last year and would like something similar this year, but it seems as if the WWL had a different idea.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
reply to NotHappy
FYI: Why ESPN's MLB Deal Will Cost YOU Money

Not related to football, but....

»www.tvpredictions.com/espn082912.htm

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
reply to NotHappy
I'm here, trust me this is something we are looking into. I would personally love the app as well but these things are never as easy as they seem to be. If anything changes I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to NotHappy
FYI: Just to clarify, Watch ESPN works on my desktop/laptop computers, as it must detect a Mediacom IP addy without me selecting a provider (Mediacom). BUT... Mediacom needs to be added to the 2 apps, the android and the apple apps for iphones & ipads, as "Mediacom" does not come up in the list of providers.

SnakeEyes

join:2005-05-18
Johnston, IA
You can watch ESPN3 and what little they allow from 1/2 but nothing else.