O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to UHF

Re: VZW Home Phone Connect

In the olden days, "Five Nines" wasn't a try, it was reality. Up until deregulation, quality and customer service was of the utmost importance (contrary to what a lot of people on DSLR will say). If it took 3 hours of over-time or 1-1/2 day to restore a single customer, so be it. Breakup (divestiture) "slit the wrists" of that mindset, and TA96 was a 50 yard, 30-06, "headshot" to the idea that quality work was an essential part of providing good customer service.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom

said by nunya:

In the olden days, "Five Nines" wasn't a try, it was reality. Up until deregulation, quality and customer service was of the utmost importance (contrary to what a lot of people on DSLR will say). If it took 3 hours of over-time or 1-1/2 day to restore a single customer, so be it. Breakup (divestiture) "slit the wrists" of that mindset, and TA96 was a 50 yard, 30-06, "headshot" to the idea that quality work was an essential part of providing good customer service.

That's absolutely right. My first wife and many of my classmates went to work for C&P out of high school. I assure you they didn't have the rabble that evolved when C&P became Bell Atlantic and then Verizon.