how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

redhat1968

join:2000-10-17
Appleton, WI

D80 Issues

I used my D80 last week with no issues, but when I turned it on today, I get an ERR message on the LCD panel on top. The camera looks like it is somewhat working, I can hit the shutter but the camera will not focus, mirror goes up and sounds like a photo was taken, but it has not. I have tried the 2 green button reset (which did nothing) and I tried a manual reset with the button next to the USB port. I have tried new batteries and lenses...
--
I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet..
»www.mnrstudio.com
»www.lostsoulscollection.com

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
kudos:1
what's the error message exactly?

redhat1968

Appleton, WI
it says ERR in the upper left

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
reply to redhat1968
Have you checked that the lens is set to the smallest aperture? Most Nikon lenses have a little slider on the right, marked in red, that allows you to lock them so this doesn't happen.

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH
said by Stacy:

Have you checked that the lens is set to the smallest aperture? Most Nikon lenses have a little slider on the right, marked in red, that allows you to lock them so this doesn't happen.

I'd check this. I know I had this happen to me a couple times in the past and the aperture ring was the cause.
--
Photos By Greg Strong

redhat1968

Appleton, WI
reply to redhat1968
An aperture error cause a F-ee error...but I did check that also

badd
Premium
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR
kudos:1
reply to redhat1968
Googled the err msg. for D80 and lots of aperture control unit errs came up.
--
He had a photographic memory which was never developed.

redhat1968

Appleton, WI
reply to redhat1968
I just got an email back from Nikon saying I will have to ship the camera to them so they can look at it. They said I pay shipping to them and there is no charge for them to look at the camera...to fix it is another thing..lol. I also googled the error message and symptoms and it came back with an Aperture Control Unit as the usual cause with a $200 price to fix