spc
uniqs

BlueMist
join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

BlueMist to marcusa007

to marcusa007

Re: At&t ran cable through my yard without having an easement

From what I have read here it appears that AT&T does have the right to run the cable inside your yard as long as they stay with in the easement.

The cable should have continued down the easement until it reached the property line of the house they wanted to terminate it at and then crossed that yard and into the house.

Unless you are at odds with the neighbor who is being supported by this cable you might want to ask them what they were told about the cable. It might indeed be a temporary fix until a new cable is properly buried. In our area similar situations have occurred during the winter months which later on were forgotten about by the company responsible for later burying the cable. Usually a letter to the editor of the local newspaper embarrasses them enough to get the problem fixed if they try to play phone tag.

In my area the utility companies have the right to remove any fences installed on easements they use during repair or maintenance actions, like replacing buried cables or to cut down trees that are on the easement which are interfering with overhead cables. It is up to the home owner(s) to later pay someone else to repair or replace the fence.

Either way it appears that the technician was at fault by not following the easement all the way to the problem house but then again many times they are not told of it's exact size or location, just to get the problem fixed.

If you can not get proper answers from them by phone you might consider consulting a local attorney and have them write the registered letter advising AT&T of the problem, and requesting when the "temporary" cable will be removed and a permanent solution installed while still remaining with in their easement and not where the temporary cable is currently located.

marcusa007
@sbcglobal.net

marcusa007

Anon

Thanks for coming back on and shedding more light on this. The issue is that I don't want more of my yard to become an easement because I kept quite about it. I also can't stand that neighbor due to the fact that he keeps has dog chained up in 100 plus degree weather without ever seeing if he is ok. I have nothing that I want to say to the man. He is scum for treating an animal like that. The only reason I have not called animal control is that if they take the dog he surely will be put down. He is a pitbull and almost no chance to be adopted. I hate that choice Maybe that is why the installer chose my yard instead. Maybe he was scared of the dog. LOL

Shadow01
Premium Member
join:2003-10-24
Wasteland

Shadow01

Premium Member

call att repair and tell them that they have 12 hrs to move the wire back into the easement or you will remove it for them. Anything outside the easement is on private property and they need your permission to place it there. Be polite but firm on your timetable for removal.