Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 edit

1 recommendation

Video Shows TSA's Bizarre New Security Policy

While this article is about testing drinks (already discussed here) the following caught my eye.

quote:
The drinks testing farce has been accompanied by other harebrained TSA schemes which have virtually nothing to do with genuine security and everything to do with subjecting the public to intimidation and obedience training.

The federal agency recently brought in a similarly asinine new policy in which travelers are ordered to “freeze” on command by TSA screeners while passing through security – for no apparent reason other than to check they will obey orders without question.

»www.infowars.com/video-shows-tsa···-policy/

One wonders if TSA agents carry rolled-up newspapers (for negative reinforcement) and biscuits (for positive reinforcement)
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

TSA: a Big Brother agency staffed with countless functionaries possessed of small minds and massive power-lust, that is clearly spiraling out of rational control. It's well past time to bring this pack of spoiled canines to heel... in a major way.
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
+1

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA
reply to StuartMW
Kind of like Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition,
"Nooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1
reply to StuartMW
Ummm... infowars?

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04
said by DrStrange:

Ummm... infowars?

Don't shoot the messenger or medium in this case - do you have a comment on the subject?

Would you like a strip of something, that's potentially able to drip into your drink, hovering over your glass of water?

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to StuartMW
Everything I find is related back to this 18 month old NYT article. (not a detailed search I admit )

Playing Simon Says at Airport Security
By JOE SHARKEY
Published: March 28, 2011

»www.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/busin···pBoEP8Ew
--
--
--
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley

"I’m not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was.." - Mitt Romney

jvmorris
I Am The Man Who Was Not There.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-03
Reston, VA
What I wanna know is what happens when passengers start yelling "Freeze!". If TSA personnel keep moving, do they get a demerit or something?

But seriously, has TSA yet figured out that when these 'drills' become too frequent, people will simply start to ignore the command, assuming instead that it's just another pointless drill. At that point, by their own actions, they've lost control of the situation.
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to StuartMW
Click for full size
To add insult to injury, my neighbor got back from Cali. the other day and bought himself one of these and one for me, he wrapped them in tinfoil and put them in his checked luggage and for some reason they missed these lol.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
reply to SparkChaser
Thank you.

Most of us are aware that TSA is merely security theatre rather than actual security. As I'm fond of saying, panem et circenses.

Even so, I'd like to maintain a certain signal-to-noise ratio in discussion. infowars has too much noise and not much signal, so forgive me if I sometimes filter it out without bothering to look. The closer we get to 'tinfoil-hat' subject matter in reality, the less I'm inclined to pay attention to a source known for 'tinfoil hat' material, since it's an obvious place for planting disinformation and misinformation.

TSA is meant to appear as 'McSecurity' outwardly, but this is only the beginning of the misdirection. There are two insidious processes at work here. One is the testing of complete control of the populace [infowars has cried 'wolf' about this too much for me to listen any more] and the other is misdirection on multiple levels.

I suspect that the outward appearance of incompetence is meant to act as a 'honeypot'. It draws a potential attacker in a certain direction while drawing them away from [a.] actual vulnerabilities in the system and [b.] the real security apparatus.

There are one or more other things occurring that I don't have enough information to describe or assess. I'd like to know: [a] what's going on and [b] is it a threat to democratic government in this country [and others].

I'd like to have an environment free of wolf-crying so that attempts can be made to identify everything that the misdirection is meant to obscure.

n4bkn

join:2003-12-11
Memphis, TN

2 recommendations

reply to StuartMW
The Capital Steps have part of the TSA's routines figured out:

»youtu.be/m1pgZN5GQak

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
reply to Camaro
That looks really fresh, where does he find 2nd hand hands in such condition?

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by EUS:

where does he find 2nd hand hands in such condition?

I may sound like a moron but you lost me there my friend, "second hand hands" ?

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to n4bkn
said by n4bkn:

The Capital Steps have part of the TSA's routines figured out:

»youtu.be/m1pgZN5GQak

Love the Capital Steps.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
reply to StuartMW
Does anyone with just a bit of a common sense expect that they will find something? I bet - they will find zero, zilch, none. It's an obvious waste of money, unless they actually have a different agenda... But what is it? What are they actually trying to say to us?
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

said by OZO:

...What are they actually trying to say to us?

We have power and authority - and you don't.
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
Or as Cartman would say

quote:
Respect My Authoritah!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIVHNylH1Mk

--

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

reply to SparkChaser
Gee, sounds like just what I do at those door scanners at stores. They go off, I ignore 'em and keep walking. Let other people do the deer in the headlights "OH MY GOD I HOPE IT'S NOT ME" routine--I know it wasn't me, and it ain't me the TSA's shouting freeze at either, so keep walkin!

And if it was me, I think what I'd do is, pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
said by sivran:

Gee, sounds like just what I do at those door scanners at stores. They go off, I ignore 'em and keep walking. Let other people do the deer in the headlights "OH MY GOD I HOPE IT'S NOT ME" routine--I know it wasn't me, and it ain't me the TSA's shouting freeze at either, so keep walkin!

And if it was me, I think what I'd do is, pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

But they still have you on tape.
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

BronsCon

join:2003-10-24
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to StuartMW
Gee, it's not possible there's some drug or chemical they're trying to put in those drinks, under the guise of "explosives testing", now, is it?

I'm not saying, or even suggesting, that this is what's going on, I'm just pointing out the possibility. I'll let the conspiracy theorists figure out the rest.

You already can't bring a drink through the checkpoint, which means that any drinks in the terminal were purchased there and, presumably, already screened for explosives.

More to the point, they're only checking open and visible drinks. Were someone to manage to deliver explosives into a terminal via a drink shipment and somehow manage to actually buy the "special" bottles (a scenario I proposed back when the TSA first started confiscating drinks at the checkpoint), why the hell would they keep them in plain sight, open, as though they're drinking from them, when they could just as easily slip them into their carry on?

There's no logical way the TSA can think this policy is making anyone feel any more secure, so there's definitely an ulterior motive; the doping scenario I mention above is just one of many possibilities.
Expand your moderator at work

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Camaro

Re: Video Shows TSA's Bizarre New Security Policy

A joke, a bad, bad joke, the hand came through undetected by the TSA, not the round. The "smuggled" body part looks used, as it's aged, so the hand is 2nd-hand, and as he brought 2.....
--
~ Project Hope ~

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to OZO
said by OZO:

What are they actually trying to say to us?

All of our efforts are protecting you and no, we can't tell you how many terrorist attempts we have stopped because that is a matter of national security.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

Austinloop

join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX
reply to BronsCon
BronsCon said: " I'll let the conspiracy theorists figure out the rest."

Well, standby, this video came from the king of conspiracy theorists, Alex Jones and his website, infowars. I am sure that Jones will pontificate on this without end. He is rather comical at times.

ctggzg
Premium
join:2005-02-11
USA
reply to StuartMW
Has anything credible ever been posted on that site?

iknow
Premium
join:2012-03-25
reply to StuartMW
checking the TSA website, there is no mention whatsoever of the TSA having police powers, just glorified security guards, that's all..

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to ctggzg
said by ctggzg:

CBS, MSNBC, and the New York Times have all reported on the same things. So... instead of impugning the messenger, why not address the facts and implications of the reports themselves?
Flier's video puts TSA drink screening on display
TSA tests drinks after security checkpoints
Playing Simon Says at Airport Security
--

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to ctggzg
said by ctggzg:

Has anything credible been found by the TSA ? The video speaks for itself.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

1 recommendation

reply to Blackbird
Well for many it's a case of

La la la
--

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
reply to Name Game
said by Name Game:

said by ctggzg:

Has anything credible been found by the TSA ? The video speaks for itself.

No, every attempted attack on a plane since the TSA was created was stopped by... the passengers on the plane.