share rss forum feed

IIgs
Premium
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to milnoc

Re: Incompetent technician cut off my Internet!

Crap, looks like I may be in the same boat.

Just came home tonight and found, for the very first time in 10 years, my DSL modem has lost sync. Plugged in my old Harmonie landline phone *without* a filter and the line is crystal clear--no hissing or static. That to me indicates my line card has been pulled at the DSLAM.

Went through all the trouble shooting steps, including testing a spare modem, still no sync!

Called TSI, no issue with my billing or account status. Just looks like a Bell *uck up. If I'm out for a week or more I'm going to be pretty damn pissed off at Bell to put it lightly. Waiting for tech support to answer (likely a good hour wait) so I can open a ticket.

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium
join:2002-06-18

had that happen to my toronto home... too , debating upgrading speeds... vdsl is very tempting now lol

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2
reply to IIgs

IIgs, wait until you find out the exact cause of the loss of connection. I can understand the occasional equipment breakdown as they do happen on occasion. Also, you might not hear anything on the unfiltered line if no data is being exchanged.

Gonna be switching over to the Rogers mobile Internet. It's gonna be a painful night.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

IIgs
Premium
Montreal, QC

said by milnoc:

IIgs, wait until you find out the exact cause of the loss of connection. I can understand the occasional equipment breakdown as they do happen on occasion. Also, you might not hear anything on the unfiltered line if no data is being exchanged.

Gonna be switching over to the Rogers mobile Internet. It's gonna be a painful night.

Well, I had no choice but to open a ticket with TSI. Difficult to say what the cause is, equipment failure or Bell's infinite stupidity, but all I know is I'm now at the mercy of Bell Canada. Will I have no Internet for several day...weeks? Will Bell charge me $100 claiming the problem is on my end?

If I didn't have my next door neighbor's wireless signal to borrow (she's also with TSI) I'd be pretty screwed right now.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to Angelo

said by Angelo:

had that happen to my toronto home... too , debating upgrading speeds... vdsl is very tempting now lol

Thought you had vdsl already to speed building up your collection of Linux "ISO's"

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium
join:2002-06-18

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by Angelo:

Thought you had vdsl already to speed building up your collection of Linux "ISO's"

had something else , but i do want that upload

IIgs
Premium
Montreal, QC
reply to IIgs

Heading into day 3, and still without sync!

Apparently Bell decided not to do any work today and cancelled my dispatch (what a surprise!). Had to call back TSI and conference in with a Bell tech to set up another dispatch date. Not exactly a fun time, spent over an hour waiting to get through to someone at TSI. No comment about the bizarre looping hold "music", which is unfortunately now stuck in my head.

So now I have to wait for Bell again, with a dispatch not set until late evening (up to 9 PM). Will they show up? Will they actually resolve this whole mess and reconnect me?

It'll be interesting to see if they did pull out my line card in error...