Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to koreyb

Re: Incompetent technician cut off my Internet!

Not to get into a pissing match - I started in I&R 15 years ago, and have installed/tested 100's, if not 1000's of DSL and dry loop lines... Some do respond to the #'s I posted, some have unbreakable dial tone; some have no tone at all... Depends on the OE and provisioning...

Anyways, we're getting off the OP's topic... LOL

xbell

@cgocable.net
said by LazMan:

Not to get into a pissing match - I started in I&R 15 years ago, and have installed/tested 100's, if not 1000's of DSL and dry loop lines... Some do respond to the #'s I posted, some have unbreakable dial tone; some have no tone at all... Depends on the OE and provisioning...

That has been my experience and as far as on topic this is germane to the OP as TSI should have dial tone on dry loops to prevent accidental disconnects and pair swaps.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to LazMan
said by LazMan:

My point was it's not constant and there doesn't seem to be a standard setup for dry loops, nor is there any legal requirement to provide 911. On this forum, it's been said its fact, when in fact it's clearly not.