Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to m8trix

Re: costco gas

I do not know what Top Tier Gas really is but here in SNJ I run Wawa Gas in my 2012 Cruze and have not had performance issues. The manual suggests top tier but it also states I only need 87 octane so I just run the 87 from Wawa with no negative issues.

The 2000 Impala before my Cruze also ran Wawa Gas for at least five years without issues.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by Kearnstd:

I do not know what Top Tier Gas really is

See - »www.toptiergas.com
said by Honda :
...we strongly recommend the use of gasoline that does NOT contain harmful manganese based fuel additives such as MMT...

Qualifying gasoline retailers will, in most cases, identify their gasoline as having met "TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline" standards at the retail location. This fuel is guaranteed to contain the proper level of detergent additives and be free of metallic additives. The proper level of detergent additives, and absence of harmful metallic additives in gasoline, help avoid build-up of deposits in your engine.
After using Lukoil gas in my car for a year, my catalytic converter needed to be replaced. Was it MMT or some other additive? Maybe. Maybe not. But I won't use Lukoil any more.

DSL987

join:2000-03-22
Helotes, TX
said by Bob4:

After using Lukoil gas in my car for a year, my catalytic converter needed to be replaced. Was it MMT or some other additive? Maybe. Maybe not. But I won't use Lukoil any more.

I believe MMT has been outlawed as a commercial gas additive for quite while. I think you can still buy it in the bottles of octane booster, but apart from that you should not run into it.