does Ultra TV have any redeeming features/reasons to go with it over a SA HD DVR box or to upgrade from not having DVR service at all?
the SA DVR boxes suck compared to ultra.
Ultra has laggy menus and grid guide. but its not that bad remember most of the people here are probably tech oriented and tend to be pickier about tech stuff. My wife has had zero complaints with the Ultra system.
* SA DVR two channel per box recording
* You watch a recording on the bax you record it with noplace else.
* Shows record per guide start / stop times. If you're recording a live show their is no way to make it record extra you have to record the following show.
* Sometimes shows just don't record or just fall off the to be recorded list.
* menus all look like something from the 80's
I see all the horror stories about the networking. I took the cable from my router that was plugged into the old cable model and plugged it in to the Ultra Gateway. Everything works.
I've had it for months and am a happy subscriber.