share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to puppy

Re: GW2: Engineer Thread

Pets died so much on my ranger. I spent half my time rezzing them. Though I did not use a bear. Rangers put out the dps though.

Back to the thread topic. How do you guys deal damage? Is it more conditional damage than upright in your face damage?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

I am running dual pistols right now and you do a lot of poison and fire damage on top of your turrets. I use the normal turret, flamethrower and healing ones.

They also aggro everything around them so they tank for you in some way.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to I AM

I am speccing condition damage instead of power due to the dual pistols adding a condition with almost every ability. Flamethrower and flame and rocket turrets also add conditions. The rifle is more regular dps though as is I think the grenade kit and the tool belt. There is also a healing turret and kit. Lots of fun things to do with this class; it's all how you spec and equip.

Raptor
Not a Dumptruck

join:2001-10-21
London, ON

Did I miss a particular skill point/trait? How do you have dual pistols...? I can only equip a shield in the off hand....
--
....where's my fiber?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

You can put a second pistol on your offhand.

puppy

join:2010-01-28

Select the pistol icon, right click, and under the "Equip" option there will be an "Equip in offhand" option.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2

Or just drag it there.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1

or keep pretending to be captain america with a pistol and shield. you can dye you crap too!
--
Good evening!

Raptor
Not a Dumptruck

join:2001-10-21
London, ON
reply to bionicRod

I swore my drag attempt turned it red, but I shall redouble my efforts. I do like the Captain America shield throw....
--
....where's my fiber?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

The pistols and rifle have very similar icons, so just make sure what you are dragging.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.