Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Scelana

join:2012-09-05
Green River, UT
reply to tschmidt

Re: Adsl2+ Filter help

I think the filter they recently gave me is not functioning correctly since if the phone rings or is picked up there is a 75% chance the modem will lose its connection.
I've got the login for my modem so can I look up everything the stats page provides which also includes the the speed my modem is currently connected in Kbps. The snr margin has been high enough to allow for above the rate I pay for but yet my connection rate will be at times far below that rate although at times before I dc it goes to the negative values.
I might be able to connect the modem to the test jack but I'm gonna need more than a 25ft cable cause my modem is upstairs and the phone box is outside on the lower floor opposite of the window of the modem's room. I'll see if I can do that and post about the results if I can find a long enough cable.
I'm also planning on replacing the modem's phone jack including the wiring since its really old and uses old phone wires that the techs don't recognize (the house is from around 1902 so the wiring in it is pretty old) just to make sure it don't become a problem in the future provided it isn't already.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
said by Scelana:

I might be able to connect the modem to the test jack but I'm gonna need more than a 25ft cable cause my modem is upstairs and the phone box is outside on the lower floor opposite of the window of the modem's room. I'll see if I can do that and post about the results if I can find a long enough cable.

An alternative if you have a laptop, or wifi is to take the modem and laptop or router out to the box and use an AC ext cord for power.

If the jack/wiring is that ancient as you describe that well may be the problem.
--