how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10

Doctor Who Season 33 Episodes (spoiler)

Next up is Dinosaurs on a Spaceship on Saturday September 8, 2012, on BBC.

Doctor Who - Dinosaurs on a Spaceship preview: Fun was absolutely The Big Brief!, Radio Times, Sept. 3, 2012.

There will be an eclectic bunch of time travelers and antagonists: Queen Nefertiti, inadvertently Rory's dad, Riddell, an Edwardian big game hunter; and Solomon, apparently a cross between a businessman and pirate. And of course Amy and Rory will be there, set 10 months after the last episode, Asylum of the Daleks.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

This was only so-so. And the special effects looked like they belonged in the 1960's.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to Spice300

Sept. 15 Saturday

Doctor Who, S07E03 Title: "A Town Called Mercy"

Spice300
Premium
reply to Bob4

The special effects in the 1960's would have been people dressed in fake-looking dinosaur costumes or miniature models. They did much better than that.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

Click for full size
This looks real.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Spice300

heh I guess I did not care if the effects had some cheese... Its Dr. Who.

On the other hand when I saw the title I could not get the voice of Samuel L Jackson from my head complaining about Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.....
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

netsurfer1

join:2012-04-13
Atlanta, GA
reply to Spice300

This is the best season for me so far.

Madcap
Baby's on Fire
Premium
join:2004-06-26
Fpo, AP
reply to Spice300

I was linked to a very very impressive article that claims to already know the theme of the season. Not only was the article great but the comments are insightful as well. Do to it's massive spoiler content (although based on just these first two episodes) I can't in good faith link it. I suppose if someone is pretty serious they could PM me and I'll link it, but just know it's spoiler heaven.

Aside from that, this season has been fun so far. Several little aspects of the show made me laugh and giggle (yes, giggle like a school girl) my friend and myself are in conflict about companions these season but who didn't love the ending to episode 2. It was brilliant and I'll admit tugged on the heart strings for a few reasons.

Spice300
Premium

1 recommendation

reply to Bob4

The colors in your photo are refraction of sunlight in the camera lens. It is obvious when watching the show.

Not bad in 2012. The last time Doctor Who had dinosaurs in season 11, episode 2, Invasion of the Dinosaurs in 1974, they looked like this:

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

They might be the same dinosaurs...just they have aged and become more wrinkly.....;)

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to netsurfer1

I was disappointed in both of the first two episodes. Hope they improve...

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to Spice300

[Doctor Who] CthulWho

Reminder!
Tonight Doctor Who, S07E03 Title: . . . "A Town Called Mercy" . . .

MOAR DORK TOWER! By John Kovalic, Go there, eh?

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Spice300

Re: Doctor Who Season 33 Episodes (spoiler)

Episode 3 was OK, except for a minor plot hole at the end. The cyborg said he would kill everyone after noon, and he could have, but he didn't. Plus, there was no reason to wait until noon to carry out their little ruse.

Spice300
Premium

The cyborg said that as a bluff to scare the townsfolk to turn the guy over. The ruse would not have worked until the cyborg entered the town. The cyborg was sieging the town to compel them to deliver the guy to him. The cyborg did not want to kill anyone other than his target, but the sheriff was protecting the target. The line encompassing the town was a plan to achieve his goal: kill the target and no one else.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Bob4

Yeah both episodes seemed somewhat flat, esp in terms of Amy & Rory. It's like they know their time as companions is coming to an end , and have short-timer syndrome .

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

I liked The Power of Three, although The Doctor's overly-melodramatic heart attack was a bit much. And I'm really tired of Amy and Rory Pond (why did Rory take Amy's last name?) and wish they would just go away. They're as annoying as Adric (times two!).

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

Re: S07E5 ([{spoiler}])

No worries. Next weeks's episode will be the last one with Amy & Rory,"The Angels Take Manhattan" Sept. 29. I'm a Time Lord, not a TARDIS Repair Crew!

After that then its the Christmas Special Blasted TARDIS goes on the fritz again!

So we're about "done", allready until 2013 when S7E7 airs. and Crayola presents a new color! TARDIS BLUE!!!
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:Merv Chat:irc.teksavvy.ca

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Spice300

Re: Doctor Who Season 33 Episodes (spoiler)

was there a new episode on the 22nd? just checking as the On Demand channel for Dr. Who on Comcast only has "Dinosaurs on a Space Ship" as the newest episode.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Kearnstd:

was there a new episode on the 22nd? just checking as the On Demand channel for Dr. Who on Comcast only has "Dinosaurs on a Space Ship" as the newest episode.

There was a new episode.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Wily_One
Premium
San Jose, CA

No spoiler, just my reaction to the latest: meh

Pjr
Don't Panic

join:2005-12-11
UK

1 edit

said by Wily_One:

No spoiler, just my reaction to the latest: meh

No spoiler, just my reaction to them all except episode one: meh
This is the weakest series so far.

Edit: I tried to think of something constructive to say about it but failed miserably.
--
Overflow error in /dev/null

Pjr
Don't Panic

join:2005-12-11
UK

That made up for the previous episodes
--
Overflow error in /dev/null

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

Yes, today's episode was excellent. One goof: When my and Rory are on top of the building, they stop looking at the Statue of Liberty, and they're not attacked.

Too bad we now have to wait until Christmas.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

I liked/hated this episode.

I thought it was a shitty way to get rid of the ponds. It kinda reminded me of the last episode of Steinfeld.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Wily_One
Premium
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Can't say I'm sorry to see them go, but this was a good way to end their run.  Looking forward to the next companion!

Spice300
Premium
reply to Bob4

The goof is bigger than that. The Statue of Liberty could not move through New York, day or night, without being seen. Someone would notice it is out of place.

Amy began strong and intriguing in The Eleventh Hour in 2010, but her character waned as her relationship with Rory advanced.

I hope the next companion reignites the spark.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

Yeah, well, I was ignoring that part about the statue. Trying not to spoil the fun too much.

And no place in Manhattan would ever be named "Winter Quay". Maybe in Toronto.

I guess the actors really went to Central Park for those scenes. Looks like it was filmed in the Spring.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

"Winter Quay" because thats how River Song, wrote the story. Book authors get to take liberties with their place names heh.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

1 recommendation

reply to Spice300

Those angels truly creep me out. Congrats to Doctor Who for creating something that TRULY creeps me out. Watching the fall finale was a mixed bag. Sad it was the last one for Amy (she's still hot) but great we're finally rid of Rory. I just don't look at statues the same anymore.......

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Spice300

Another (related) goof: The weeping angels turn to stone if someone sees them, but the Statue of Liberty is NOT made of stone!