Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

businessman

@telus.net
reply to zod5000

Re: Telus Fee Increase out of nowhere!

said by zod5000:

I left telus about a year ago because I moved into a place that couldn't get turbo 25 anymore. Its a shame that telus doesn't have their top tier rolled out to more of Victoria.

To make everyone else feel better, Shaw keeps raising their rates too.

At least we some competition between shaw/telus. It would really suck be stuck in the Rogers/Bell service areas..!

No, that is not competition. It is called collusion. Check your facts before you post.

DSA

@telus.net

No, collusion is where several parties talk and agree and control prices and limit choice.

Believe me, Shaw and Telus DO NOT AGREE on anything together, in fact the fighting is non stop on a daily basis.

The Telus service is in high demand (over 600,000 customers gained in the last 4 years). Raising the rates hasn't diminished that base, and Shaw is still losing customers with their inferior product.

zod----The Telus network was built for POTS over 50 years ago. TV is a recent idea, and, the network was vastly upgraded 4 years ago for TV purposes. Unfortunately, there are many pockets of the network that are not optimized yet. These are being attacked, one by one. Sometimes, they cannot be addressed at all (if you live in East Sooke, for example, you are SOL). Sometimes, you are too far from the Dslam. If you live 100m from the Dslam, you've hit the jackpot.

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to businessman

said by businessman :

said by zod5000:

I left telus about a year ago because I moved into a place that couldn't get turbo 25 anymore. Its a shame that telus doesn't have their top tier rolled out to more of Victoria.

To make everyone else feel better, Shaw keeps raising their rates too.

At least we some competition between shaw/telus. It would really suck be stuck in the Rogers/Bell service areas..!

No, that is not competition. It is called collusion. Check your facts before you post.

I said "SOME" competition. If there was no competition it would be much worse. Look at Ontario. Read before you type.