spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28

These reports are still BS.

These test what users subscribe to not what they can subscribe to. Therefore these "state of the internet" reports are BS.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction

join:2002-01-22
I suppose technically, these users can all subscribe to T3 lines. I don't think that is realistic though.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to battleop
said by battleop:

These test what users subscribe to not what they can subscribe to. Therefore these "state of the internet" reports are BS.

That cannot be used as a valid way of measuring HD capability. It is impossible to know who can and cannot receive HD if they don't already. And technically if it defines 2mbps as the minimum, all states should be bright green because they can all get Exede which is fast enough to stream HD. You just could never watch it.

battleop

reply to morbo
No, but it's reasonable to assume that people may choose price over speed and choose the cheapest package available. If this report accounted for what you COULD subscribe then the results would be on the high side.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

battleop

reply to silbaco
Their state by state data is flawed as well. There is no way to accurately pinpoint a users location because there is not a public database that will allow them to pinpoint an IP Address to a specific location. For example a residential customer in North Georgia may get logged as a Tennessee user because the Whois data would list the providers address and not the end users address.
--